Thread: E15

Default E15

Looks like E15 is headed our way soon, OH NO; http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/17/3710191/e15-adds-another-option-for-drivers.html

Phrase comes to mind, "We're not in Kansas anymore".

I love the propaganda line " Consumers want a choice at the pump", yeah but not blends, current choices are, use most of your money to pay the rent or fill up tank to go to work, either of which cost about the same.
    My choice as a consumer is, pay way less than we do now.
    Last edited by Chevy366; July 18th, 2012 at 04:46 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

It's not a matter of no choice it's a profit margin for the fuel conpany. Im happy to run ethanol blends as my numbers so far show the difference in cent per klm to be a bees dick between e10 & normal 91 ulp.

We had a discussion about this over at ls1.com.au a couple of years back. I did a fair amount of testing on E10 vs 98RON and found that bang for buck, the E10 was a better fuel. You did need to tune for it tough as it ran slightly differently in the motor. The advertised fuel RON of the E10 was 95, but it seemed to be closer to 98 when it was run. The big question will be the actual RON rating of the E15. If it goes anything like the now defunct Shell V-Power Racing (100 RON E5 ) then it'll be a killer fuel, if the price is right....

Simon.

I can only speak on recent experience with the Cruze, E10 and 98 tickle the knock sensor about the same amount and will happily run 18 PSI of boost, but I would not bother with 98 any more. United now sell Premium 100, I think this is 98 Octane with 10% ethanol.
    I've found running between 30 - 40 % ethanol with 91 Octane in the Cruze is the best fit between eliminating knock and not burning fuel like an old 502 big block. Of course you need to be set up for FlexFuel to do this. Currently the Cruze has 73% E85 in it, but it feels kind of lazy and is getting around 12L/100 city, not great for a 1.4L motor hey. Even though it only cost 98c per litre, it works out dearer.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.