Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FlashScan V2 help please?

Default FlashScan V2 help please?

Hey EFILive members, I am not asking before I have tried to fix myself. I have spent countless hours the past three nights trying to get my V2 updated to allow it to work with with ver.8 efi

I think I am the cause of the issue by doing something wrong but not sure. I attempted to update the bootblock and then firmware and I am currently stuck in dead poll.

Every now and then get it to load and the screen says boot block updated then I ok through a few screens with one about liscense needs updated and so on and then have the main menu. I can not get my computer to connect most of the time unless I put the v2 in deadpoll by holding ctrl and plugging it in.

I have read many posts and threads but still can not get it resolved. I have tried uninstalling everything efilive on my computer and the reinstalling with no luck. I tried numorus times to use efi explore and efi scan and tune.

Was able to get it to main screen and check the info. The versions it says it has are 2.05.21 firmware date sept 25, 2008 and oct 16, 2007 boot block version 2.05.04

At this point I am digging for any help or suggestions

Thank you in advance,Eric

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by e.carter View Post
    ... The versions it says it has are 2.05.21 firmware date sept 25, 2008 and oct 16, 2007 boot block version 2.05.04 ...

Hello Eric,

Wow ! Those are some old versions of the Bootblock and Firmware you have. You really should update these regularly to avoid potential issues.

Here are some links to the EFILive Helpdesk that may assist.

Upgrading Bootblock & Firmware:

http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...7243-SFGL-2949

Loading Drivers:

http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...9411-UHZV-3143

Regards,
    Taz

Taz, Thanks for the reply. I have been through those links many times and I am still stuck. Driver software is most current but since I am stuck in deadpoll I cant update boot block. I have atried through efi explorer and efi scan and tune. I have attached a screen shot of the attempt I just made. Thanks again for the help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot.png 
Views:	293 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	13533

Lifetime Member

Thanks for the screenshot - a picture is often worth a 1000 words. Looks like you updated the Firmware PRIOR to updating the Bootblock - which is probably why your V2 is hung up in Deadpoll mode.

As a generally practice, check for updates frequently - then always update the Bootblock first, followed by updating the Firmware.

Not sure how to fix this ...

Regards,
    Taz

If your V2 is in dead poll mode (amber LEDs alternately flashing) it means it is waiting for the firmware to be flashed...

Quote Originally Posted by e.carter View Post
    Hey EFILive members, I am not asking before I have tried to fix myself. I have spent countless hours the past three nights trying to get my V2 updated to allow it to work with with ver.8 efi

I think I am the cause of the issue by doing something wrong but not sure. I attempted to update the bootblock and then firmware and I am currently stuck in dead poll.

Every now and then get it to load and the screen says boot block updated then I ok through a few screens with one about liscense needs updated and so on and then have the main menu. I can not get my computer to connect most of the time unless I put the v2 in deadpoll by holding ctrl and plugging it in.

I have read many posts and threads but still can not get it resolved. I have tried uninstalling everything efilive on my computer and the reinstalling with no luck. I tried numorus times to use efi explore and efi scan and tune.

Was able to get it to main screen and check the info. The versions it says it has are 2.05.21 firmware date sept 25, 2008 and oct 16, 2007 boot block version 2.05.04

At this point I am digging for any help or suggestions

Thank you in advance,Eric
    That is bad... standby for further instructions, I'll need to pm Tech Support...

The funny part is I did update boot block first and then firmware. I may not have got a new enough version of boot block but either way its all jacked up and I really appreciate your guys help thus far. I frequent other forums and have never posted here until now and am glad I started here. I am at work but have my computer here to keep checking in. Thanks,Eric

Eric, I have fixed a few of these that are like yours. I did it through the V2 itself, but been so long I don't remember how the heck I did it. Basically scrolled through the V2 menu and whipped it clean and then was able to load in the current bootblock and firmware. Let me play with one of mine for a bit.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
    Eric, I have fixed a few of these that are like yours. I did it through the V2 itself, but been so long I don't remember how the heck I did it. Basically scrolled through the V2 menu and whipped it clean and then was able to load in the current bootblock and firmware. Let me play with one of mine for a bit.
    Rob, I wasnt going to bug you with the issue until I exausted all of my resorces I know your a busy guy! I was getting by on the old system just fine but then ordered tunes from you several months ago for a buddy that are now in version 8 so I had to update. At this point I cant get it out of dead poll unless I program firmware again through explorer. I will stay tuned and fyi I have not done anything with software on this thing until now since I bought bought it from you back in 2007... opps Thanks, Eric

Ok, it's not as bad as I thought...

first download/install V7 build 211 and V8 build 203 from here;

then please read the attached document carefully and thoroughly, it will show you how to get your V2 out of the trouble it's in right now;

let me know how it goes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast