Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Injector data...its ALL what its cracked up to be!

Quote Originally Posted by myws6formula View Post
    what I find interesting is I wanted to make a post asking where people are coming up with there injector data and I saw this post.

? does that mean most are just changing the flow slop and leaving the rest of the tables stock?

I want to install my GTP injectors in my return fuel rail and I have found variations on the data and they are stock injectors! even the ASA tunes seem to have conflicting data. I feel like I am almost shooting from the hip going off any of the data I have found.
    Yep...now the real calibrators are going to start gaining yards on the tuners.........By the time you narrow down the guys outside of the OEM world that really get this......there aren't many...the buy a laptop and order an ego concept is slowly getting torn down...

This isn't rocket science...just tested methods and comprehension..

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
    This isn't rocket science...just tested methods and comprehension..
    Actually, a big part of rocket science revolves around getting correct air-fuel ratios in order to deliver enough thrust to break gravity. What we're doing here isn't fundamentally different.
    ~Greg
    Calibrated Success - EFI Training and Tuning Done Right
    GM Beginner's Guide DVD available now through Summit!
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Amazon's best deal for the EFI crowd.

Greg,
    Did you have a hand in that Corvette and rockets commercial?

Can't we all just get along?....

1-954-703-5560

2011 HTR-850R Camaro

I like how people finally caught up with testing injectors at the low pulse tables.
    This isn't new but is new in this market. Will make life easier if the correct data is provided for each injector you buy.

Hi Guys,
    Remember, the spray pattern should be at the top of the injector data characterizing, otherwise the rest of it will be pretty much redundant, good luck!!

Phil Ellisdon - ASNU.

Hey Phil @ ASNU, welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by ASNUPHIL View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Remember, the spray pattern should be at the top of the injector data characterizing, otherwise the rest of it will be pretty much redundant, good luck!!

Phil Ellisdon - ASNU.
    Phil good point. But I assume the characteristic parameters that we have control over will still stand as is and tables like Stomp Impact Factor (Dynamic Fuel Control) will clean up the mess. I agree that if the pattern is really messed up then its a bigger problem.

From what I've seen on the flow bench, every injector (meaning as a group) had a different spray pattern....therefore fuel mass entering the combustion chamber will vary regardless of the items like short pulse adder, offsets, etc...I'm not convinced that we have enough calibration control with EFiL to truly address this. It's also starting to split hairs and something on a OEM level for emission compliance that is effected.

Will be interesting with DI (Direct Injection) on what is needed to be adjusted when fuel isn't even in the intake port anymore!

Howard

1-954-703-5560

2011 HTR-850R Camaro

Howard,

So are you going to flow test every injector on each vehicle you tune? How are you going to handle tuning injectors you dont have all the data on?
    I agree the correct data makes life alot easier, Im not denying that but Im sure you tuned thousands of cars like myself before all this "new" data came into play. I'm not disagreeing or picking on you just curious. Feel free to PM me if you dont want to discuss this on here.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Howard,

So are you going to flow test every injector on each vehicle you tune? How are you going to handle tuning injectors you dont have all the data on?
    I agree the correct data makes life alot easier, Im not denying that but Im sure you tuned thousands of cars like myself before all this "new" data came into play. I'm not disagreeing or picking on you just curious. Feel free to PM me if you dont want to discuss this on here.
    There really is no sense in running every set of injectors through a cycle like this. I just want to be able to buy an injector from a supplier where the are consistent. Once we acquire the data just match it to that brand/model.

I pretty much have data for every injector WE use that covers us from stock to 1800 HP so my library is good. What I am doing now is revisiting some of the prior data to the recent stuff and making changes.

Usually our customers that are looking for packages will just trust us to supply the injectors that make the package work properly. The guys that come in with odd ball junk.....we just use the best judgement we can in getting them dialed in. Cars that have consistent issues we just tell them to pony up and do it right.

Any injector manufacture that thinks they will be successful in selling injectors for the GM world without supplying data is in for a hurting as people realize its importance.

HT

1-954-703-5560

2011 HTR-850R Camaro

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast