Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Rail Pressure Issues

Default Fuel Rail Pressure Issues

I am having a fuel rail pressure issue. I can hold pressure up through about 75% throttle then I try to go to 100% and my rail pressure drops in half. Can someone take a look at this log and let me know what you see?

I don't think it is my CP3 going bad. I am thinking Fuel Rail Pressure Relief Valve or my return rates on my injectors are high. But if the return rates on the injectors where high wouldn't it relieve the pressure throughout the throttle?

Log_0009.zip
    2002 Chevy Duramax with a few supporting mods.

Sorry I'll give a little background on the truck. 02 LB7, 120% CP3, 60% injectors, FASS 150.

The log is useless without PW, you probably have PW too high and it's draining the rails.

Try reducing the PW at WOT by 200us and relog it, if it holds better rail pressure keep reducing it until it holds.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

These logs have PW.

Thanks for taking the time to look at them for me.

Log_0003.zip

Also here is a log with my lowest tune.

Log_0001.zip

Try reducing the PW at WOT by 200us and relog it, if it holds better rail pressure keep reducing it until it holds
    I think your right. in the last log, post 5, the fuel pressure is an inverse of the PW. as the PW goes up the pressure goes down and vise versa.
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires

Plenty of guys out there run a stock LBZ pump with 60 over injectors and can hold decent rail pressure, with a 120 over you should be able to hold just about naything those nozzles could give I would think. Need to check return rates to make sure it isn't an infamous LB7 injector going out. I know I only have 30K miles on mine and cannot hold rail pressure anymore. Also check to make sure you are actually getting fuel to the engine. From the log it looked like it built up pressure and then dropped off. Looks to me like either a leaking injector returning to much fuel, or a lack of fuel volume under load.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Plenty of guys out there run a stock LBZ pump with 60 over injectors and can hold decent rail pressure, with a 120 over you should be able to hold just about naything those nozzles could give I would think. Need to check return rates to make sure it isn't an infamous LB7 injector going out. I know I only have 30K miles on mine and cannot hold rail pressure anymore. Also check to make sure you are actually getting fuel to the engine. From the log it looked like it built up pressure and then dropped off. Looks to me like either a leaking injector returning to much fuel, or a lack of fuel volume under load.
    I was told the 120 pump should be able to fuel these nozzles all day long with out breaking a sweat.

Yeah I was thinking at first my FASS wasn't keeping up then I did some more logging and as the engine heats up it gets worse and that is signs of an injector is returning too much fuel. I will be doing a return test this weekend. They are original injectors with 150K miles on them so I am guessing it is finally time for injectors if so 150% here I come.

Who's CP3??

Don't say T&C....

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Who's CP3??

Don't say T&C....
    No sir it is one of John's pumps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast