Thread: Minimum idle Cal for E40

Lifetime Member

Default Minimum idle Cal for E40

Ive been browsing HPT software, and I can see a calibration for setting minimum idle as well as desired idle, I can not find the minimum idle calibration for the E40 in efilive, is the calibration omitted?

B1821 = desired idle speed
    B1822 = maximum idle
    B1829 = minimum idle airflow

Thanks

Lifetime Member

Forum Admin: GMPX?

Is this a simple addition, is it possible to add a cal min idle for the E40, in UK were set at 800.

from what i can see there are ALOT of calibrations missing from the E40 vs. every other ecm ive tuned with efi live........the e38, e67 and LS1 support is awesome, makes it easy to tune them.....but the E40 is missing alot for instance AC on vs AC off idle rpm, throttle cracker, throttle follower, the idle PID values, a min idle air vs temp table.......

Hi Guys,

The poor old E40, don't want to pick on it, but it was the 2 year short run ECM, it makes it hard to justify pouring R&D time in to it (6 years after it came out), don't get me wrong though, if it's an important cal missing then we can look at adding it, but the E40 will never be as complete as the LS1 or E38 is. The other thing to keep in mind is that it was a transition ECM, so it's a mix of LS1 and E38 code, so don't think it should have everything and LS1 does, nor will it have everything an E38 does.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Hi Guys,

The poor old E40, don't want to pick on it, but it was the 2 year short run ECM, it makes it hard to justify pouring R&D time in to it (6 years after it came out), don't get me wrong though, if it's an important cal missing then we can look at adding it, but the E40 will never be as complete as the LS1 or E38 is. The other thing to keep in mind is that it was a transition ECM, so it's a mix of LS1 and E38 code, so don't think it should have everything and LS1 does, nor will it have everything an E38 does.
    i understand where you are coming from.......im just having a bear of a time with this thing trying to get fine tuning done...........i mean in reality its decent......i just got little very light throttle and idle transient stuff id like to take care of that i know how to do easily with any other pcm and cant figure out with this one cause its not there i think LOL.......i guess i picked the worst ECM ever by GM to try and modifiy......ive tuned ls1's with cams 20*+ bigger than mine that run just as good......makes me sad :( lol