Thread: V2 stuck in deadpoll mode?

Default V2 stuck in deadpoll mode?

Just got a DSP5 tune for my LBZ Duramax and updated my EFI software from V7.5 to V8. I tried to read my V2 from the F5:BBX box and it says "Error $0109: Received data message contained unknown command group". I get the same message when I try to do a full-flash. I have the truck plugged in and have the key in the run position.
    It says that I have the 2.07.04 Boot block version and the 2.07.35 Firmware versions on my V2 and does connect to the V2 but am in dead pole mode.
    I try to install the firmware on my EFI explorer, and it gives me a message that I am not in deadpoll mode even though the two orange lights are alternatively blinking.
    What did I do wrong? I also did not have my V2 hooked up to my PC when I updated the Firmware and Boot Block which is maybe where i messed up? I also tried uninstalling and reinstalled both the V7.5 and V8 software on my PC
    Last edited by 02gsxr750; July 28th, 2012 at 01:05 PM.

Lifetime Member

When the Flashscan V2 is plugged in does a Flashscan V2 icon show up in the lower right taskbar?
    If so right click and there is a tool in there to update the bootblock and firmware. Do the bootblock and then the firmware.
    If still no go then you may need to use an older USB driver which can be found under the Start menu > EFILive > V8 > EFILive USB tool or something like that. Reboot and try above again.
    Next are you running the programs as user or as Administrator. Depending on how your windows is setup may need to be run as Administrator.
    Last option is install the software on a totally different computer to see if it works.

Brian
    2007.5 GMT-900 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/LB LTZ 4x4 Summit White.
    With the LMM Duramax 365hp/660tq, MW7 Allison 1000 6-speed
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

If your V2 is in dead poll mode, then your V2 is waiting for you to flash in the firmware, so go ahead and flash in the latest (2.07.35).

Any time after you do that, you also MUST program the BBx config (do Program All)... if you so this you won't get any of the $ errors.