Thread: Trans Tunes

Default Trans Tunes

ok i got an 01 chevy 2500 duramax Maybe someone could give me some hints and help me out, i just got my transmission rebuilt with a stage 5 kit and all. it shifts perfect when just driving,(not WOT)shifts smooth no bangs or anything. but when i do go WOT it feels like it shifts to early and it feels like it defuels to much or something cuz it takes a split sec. longer to engage. any hints or advice let me know please and thanks

More than likely, the ECM tune needs the attention...
    2007 CC/SB 4WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SD Sleeves, SoCal Diesel

2002 CC/DRW 2WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SoCal Diesel

could u please elaborate on that? i mean what tables would u suggest needs more attention?

B0721, B0727, B0741, B1102...These tables all need to be happy with each other...If you do a search for "defuel", you should find a lot of info...
    2007 CC/SB 4WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SD Sleeves, SoCal Diesel

2002 CC/DRW 2WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SoCal Diesel

The shifts are controlled through the ECM, not so much teh TCM. The TCM tells teh ECM to defuel for a shift, but the ECM controls how much and when. Also did you reset teh adaptives and allow it to fully learn after you did teh trans and tunes? If not then you need to reset it and allow it to properly learn. I run an 01 OS in my TCM, and it can mislearn the adaptives sometimes and go all screwy afterchanging tunes.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.