Thread: Help stock tune 4 afr

Lifetime Member

Default Help stock tune 4 afr

ENGINE: 6.2L VVT
    TRANSMISSION: TH400
    HARNESS: 08 SILVERADO STOCK HARNESS CONVERTED TO STAND ALONE, DELETED TRANS.
    ECM: 2010 E38 ( it came from a 6.2L cadillac) OS: 12636005

MODIFICATIONS TO THE TUNE: VATS PATCH, DELETE DOD, DELETE FLEX FUEL, DELETE VARIABLE FUEL PUMP..

PROBLEMS: MAP CODE,, EC IS COMMANDING LIKE 4 AFR I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

I ATACHED THE CURRENTLY TUNE ON THE ECM, AND A LOG OF IT RUNNING.

IF SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME I WILL APRECIATE IT.. THANKS6.2L no trans vats removed.efioscar2.ctz

Lifetime Member

You already had a thread going regarding issues ... why start a new thread ?

Your tune is still setup for a Bosch MAP ... not the Delphi MAP that you are using. As a starting point, open a 2007 or 2008 Escalade / Sierra / Silverado tune and copy over the MAP parameters into your 2010 Escalade tune.

Then confirm the MAP is outputting your local atmospheric pressure at key on, engine off.

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

Hi, i already copy paste the parameters fro a 08 silverado on the engine sensors folder, on MAP

Lifetime Member

I'm confused ... the tune in post #1 (oscar2.ctz) has the MAP Scaler / Offset = 128.2031 / -0.3047. That is no different than what you originally started with - Bosch settings. If you have a Delphi MAP the Scaler / Offset = 94.4297 / 10.3359.

Either way, make sure the MAP reports local atmospheric / barometric pressure with the key on, but the engine not running.

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

can someone check this tune please.. engine 6.2L VVT,, th400 trans. MAP : 09359409 MAF: 15900024 i copy paste the VE tables and MAP MAF parameter from a 08 6.2L ,, the map shows 121 with the engine off. i think the only thing i didnt changue is the scaler and offset of the MAP sensor that TAZ is talking about on the above post..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    ...map shows 121 with the engine off ...
    The MAP is over-reporting (i.e. 121 kPa with engine off, instead of around 100 kPa - less if you live at a high altitude) because you still have the original Bosch MAP settings in B2101 and B2103 - not the Delphi MAP settings you require.

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

thank you, i update those setthing now, it shows 100-101 engine off... i copy paste all the parameters from a 08 6.2L yukon to my tune.. the only question i have right now is that i cant copy with labels and paste with labels the injectors flow base and inyector flow correction tables,

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    ... the only question i have right now is that i cant copy with labels and paste with labels the injectors flow base and injector flow correction tables ...
    Actual tuning requires more than a copy & paste approach. The injector related tables must be extrapolated / interpolated (pick your word) - as the table axis are not the same between the calibrations.

Joecar did the hard work on many of these a while ago. Search the Forum for the Excel spreadsheets he posted regarding swapping injectors between controllers (i.e. LS3 injectors with an LS1-B PCM).

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

thank you for all.. really, i know it requires alot more than copy paste but first i want the engine to run as it should, its all stock.. it has the stock 6.2L injectors so i will leave the injectors data as it is now

I forgot where on the forum I put the spreadsheets of the LSx-to-LS1 interpolated injector tables...

so see attached...

( read the name of each spreadsheet file, and within each file read the engine RPO names and the tab names for guidance )
    Attached Files Attached Files