Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with Cruze tune....

The DMA PID's should be ok, are they reading wrong or can't you select any of them?
    Re the top end knock you are seeing, I'm not sure what the best fuel is in NZ, so you may have to back it off a bit. Out here with our 98 Octane only a few degrees of timing is tolerated which is about what that tune should be commanding. One thing I've noticed, it would appear the timing figure you see in the scantool does not take in to account knock retard
    Last edited by GMPX; August 9th, 2012 at 11:17 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I can select and log them but they are all reading 0.0 expect the octane scaler which appears to be flat line at 0.031, Would you like to see a log file?

Its running 98 but our fuel is pretty poor (in keeping with us being your poor cousins) im getting around 6 deg with this tune at WOT so need to lower it but would like to log APCYL-DMA so i cant work out where im at in the spark table.

If I log 2 or less DMA pids only I get error code "ERR_IGNORED/4" if i log 3 or more it will log but no data....

Ok so I have got the PIDS all working thanks Ross, but now have a few more issues, I am getting random throttle reduction during full throttle dyno pulls, it looks like torque reduction and lasts for around .5 sec with the throttle reducing to 50%, it can happen around both peak torque and peak power but that may just be coincidence, has any one seen this before?

I am also struggling with top end power, so far we have a big gain in low down torque but once we get to around 5000rpm it hits a wall and the power drops back to standard even with boost around 18psi 2deg timing and 11.8 afr. It feels very surge and flat above 5k, On some dyno pulls it shows a big dip in power and torque curves reminiscent of LS1 valve springs, do these have issues with valve springs or exhaust flow? We have removed air filter and left the intake lid up which did not help..

Any ideas? It’s looking really promising with the low down torque but I just can’t get past the other two issues, I have seen other peoples dyno graphs online and they have no issues with top end power so what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by rally1 View Post
    Ok so I have got the PIDS all working thanks Ross, but now have a few more issues, I am getting random throttle reduction during full throttle dyno pulls, it looks like torque reduction and lasts for around .5 sec with the throttle reducing to 50%, it can happen around both peak torque and peak power but that may just be coincidence, has any one seen this before?
    Only time I see throttle reduction is on a 1-2 shift, if the wheels slip a little then it will hold the throttle at 50% until I lift.

Quote Originally Posted by rally1 View Post
    It feels very surge and flat above 5k, On some dyno pulls it shows a big dip in power and torque curves reminiscent of LS1 valve springs, do these have issues with valve springs or exhaust flow? We have removed air filter and left the intake lid up which did not help..
    Word is they might
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I Know this is an old thread, but I came across it while researching tuning Cruzes. I'm looking to buy one and want to see what I can do with them. Are they flex fuel tune able, or did you just retune for E85 all the time? E85 is something I would very much like to be able to run. I run it in my turbo truck all the time, but Have to retune every time I switch fuels. Is that what you have to do with the Cruze too?
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

'12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Guess i should have looked a little harder, lol. I did buy a 2012 Cruze yesterday, so looks like its time to start playing!
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Congrats, and have fun!
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

I've spent the morning tinkering with the new .calz release on a customers Cruze. This thing wakes up big time below 5K, but after 5K RPM it's like it want's to go take a nap.

My logs show the electronic throttle closing from 85% to %52 over the course of a few hundred RPM starting at about 4900RPM. At first I thought it was KR related, because I had a consistent 1.9KR from about 5K up. Then I figured out how to get rid of the mysterious 1.9KR using table B1940. My desired TQ command is a constant 190 Across the board at WOT and I'm not getting any detectable knock. Anyone have any idea why the car is closing the throttle on me?

Nick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cruze problems.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	294.1 KB 
ID:	15340  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast