Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tunning for bigger injectors

Default tunning for bigger injectors

ok so i have a 2003 lb7 i just replaced the injectors on it and i took my tune i had on it off because i didnt know if it would hurt anything so my question is what tables do i need to change and what do i need to change them to they are 30% over and flow 28lpm i have absolutely no clue where to begin this is a tune i found on the internet and i seem to like it i have another tune also that i would like to chane for the injectors because its way more fun but clutch doesnt like it here is my everyday tune if anyone could help i would greatly appriciate it

sorry for two posts i was on the mac side of my hard drive and not windows but here ya go rizaptoroverstock.tun

I'll take a look tonight when I get home. But for 30% nozzles it wont be much changes. A little less main injection pulse width and a little less injection timing.

Do you have a stock turbo? I take it you have a manual with a stock clutch still? What are you looking to do with the truck?
    2002 Chevy Duramax with a few supporting mods.

ok thankyou i appriciate it very much but yes it is stock turbo for now and the clutch is stock but i have a dual disk in my shop that i am getting ready to put in and basically what i want to do is have a tune that isnt to terrible on fuel mileage but i can also race with and drive in town and on the high way. smoke isnt really an issue yes i know it gives diesel a bad "name" but where im from and drive at people dont care so im not really worried if its smokey. the truck has a ppe boost valve, cold air intake, four inch exhaust to seven inch stacks, fass 150hd, 30% injectors, guages, soon to be double disk south bend feramic cluch, and to top it all of i nice hillsboro flatbed.

Do you have your original stock tune? It would be easier to work off of that for me.

yes i do actually
    Brocks stock lb7 tune.tun
    and the new clutch is going in tommorow i think so thats not an issue but thankyou so much for your help i wish there was someone close to me that knew this stuff that could teach me how to use it and how to adjust things and what to look for but no one here does

Where are you located?

What's your email address Brock?

hey sorry it took so long to get back i have been swamped with work and cutting hay this weekend but i am from vincennes indiana its three hours south of indianapolis and right in the middle of evansville and terrehaute but my email is bjohn118@rocketmail.com

Brock,

I am also originally from Vincennes but live in Columbus, IN now and work for Cummins. Anyhow, I do Duramax tuning and mechanic work on the side. Hit me up if you want me to help you with tuning for larger injectors sometime. I graduated from South Knox in 2004.

Here is my facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/McGiffenPerformance?ref=hl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast