Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tunning for bigger injectors

FERM,

I am little lost on your method of determining that the injector latency for your bigger injectors was 100 usec over stock (ie. they take 100 usec longer to begin injecting fuel than stock) but other than that you and I are on the same page for tuning for larger injectors. If all of the injector test data was available for stock and the modified injectors, the mods to the PW and timing tables could be done mathematically, but without that information it just requires a little trial and error and being very familiar with the mm3 and fuel pressure parameters compared to a file with stock injectors.

Gigabrock,

I can give you an EFI Live crash course and help you dial it in some Saturday. Just let me know when works best for you. It will take you ~2.5 hours to get to my place from Vincennes on HWY50.

Sorry Gigabrock, just saw your post further up. Oct. 27th or Nov. 3rd (both Saturdays) are currently open. We will play it by ear. My phone number is on my facebook page 'McGiffen Performance'. That is my side gig business working on Dmax trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax03 View Post
    FERM,

I am little lost on your method of determining that the injector latency for your bigger injectors was 100 usec over stock (ie. they take 100 usec longer to begin injecting fuel than stock) but other than that you and I are on the same page for tuning for larger injectors. If all of the injector test data was available for stock and the modified injectors, the mods to the PW and timing tables could be done mathematically, but without that information it just requires a little trial and error and being very familiar with the mm3 and fuel pressure parameters compared to a file with stock injectors.

Gigabrock,

I can give you an EFI Live crash course and help you dial it in some Saturday. Just let me know when works best for you. It will take you ~2.5 hours to get to my place from Vincennes on HWY50.
    For latency I have found it to be 100usec for the most part. So to find actual injection time, subtract 100 fro mthe pulsewidth table and this gives you pretty close to actual injection time. Then make your percentage changes to the table, and add 100 back onto it and you will be pretty close.

Sounds like the tune I sent you is pulled back a bit to much for pulsewidth and your 30 over sticks. Connect the scan tool and see what your idle fuel rate is with it warmed up and let me know what it is and I can make some adjustments to it for you and your 30 over sticks. And do a WOT pull and see what kind of rail pressure it holds at full throttle and I can set the pulsewidth better for you. As for the throttle hang, it sounds like the rail valve current table may need a tweak as I had to lower the one down in the tune I sent you for him to hold rail pressure. Once I know your idle fuel rate and WOT rail pressure I can make you a tune for it. It wil ltake me probably a week or so right now with my workload, but I can set you up with one.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

ok so tonight i finally had some time with no one to bother me and i sat down and wrote a tune i used 75usec as the latencey instead of 100 and it gave me a little better response and seemed like i got some power back then i added a little pulse width after subtracting it out and then did my best at smoothing the table i altered the timing tables with josh hs timing calculator and changed changed the boost limiters and the other limiters to go along i wanna know what you guys think and what you guys think i can do to improve it dont worry you arent gonna hurt my feelings by saying its shit but please just steer me in the correct direction to make it right
    here is the tune
    my first tune.tun
    and here are the logs i took
    idle.eficruse.efigetting on it.efi
    like i said i would greatly appriciate it if you guys could take a look at it and possibly send me in the correct direction it seems to run good absolutely no smoke no strange noises and idles smooth thanks in davance guys you both have been a huge amount of help

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    For latency I have found it to be 100usec for the most part. So to find actual injection time, subtract 100 fro mthe pulsewidth table and this gives you pretty close to actual injection time. Then make your percentage changes to the table, and add 100 back onto it and you will be pretty close.

Sounds like the tune I sent you is pulled back a bit to much for pulsewidth and your 30 over sticks. Connect the scan tool and see what your idle fuel rate is with it warmed up and let me know what it is and I can make some adjustments to it for you and your 30 over sticks. And do a WOT pull and see what kind of rail pressure it holds at full throttle and I can set the pulsewidth better for you. As for the throttle hang, it sounds like the rail valve current table may need a tweak as I had to lower the one down in the tune I sent you for him to hold rail pressure. Once I know your idle fuel rate and WOT rail pressure I can make you a tune for it. It wil ltake me probably a week or so right now with my workload, but I can set you up with one.
    i do have those logs to if you would like them to take a gander at i just have been busy lately with 2 jobs and school

THEFERMANATOR could you email me please
    nolimitdieselperformance@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Check your email, I just sent you a tune to try out. If it works I can up it a bit for you if needs be, but this will give a baseline as to wether or not the 40 over tunes I have will work with your 30 over sticks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123