Thread: Can fault code for "high tps voltage" be disabled?

Default Can fault code for "high tps voltage" be disabled?

I got a new throttle body and it does not have a correct mechanical stop so right now I am getting a full 5.0volts TPS signal. This is causing 2 error codes for high tps voltage.

My question is barring figuring out a clean way to build a throttle stop, would setting the PCM to not recognize this as a fault prevent it from causing the problems associated with the error? (car cuts out, trans wants to slip, and not sure what else as I let out of WOT as quick as my foot would come off the pedal)

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Thank you
    71 Chevelle, LS1/4l60e, EPS 230/238 113+2, hand ported 799s, ported Fast 90/90, Doug's headers, 3.42 12 bolt

Hi TS507,

Is P0122 what you're seeing...?

Try this and see what happens:
    C6001:P0122 -> set to Not-Reported.
    C6002:P0122 -> set to MIL.

What advantages does your new TB have over the OEM one...?

My car has a FAST 90mm intake and had a FAST 90mm TB. I replaced the tb to help resolve some tuning issues with idle. It seems to be letting too much air slip past the blade. I have spoken to several professional tuners who hold the older Fast brand tb in low regard so I wanted to eliminate the possibility.

New TB is a 92mm Ballistic Speed unit which I got for a good price. And so far it does seem to help the car idle better warm with little to no idle hang/delay and no surge. Cold start was finicky yesterday but I was still dialing in the idle set screw so I need to check it again and then perform a RAFIG.

I do not have the precise codes in front of me but there were 2. One which read similar to "TPS voltage too high" and another which read similar to "TPS voltage intermittently too high".

An idea was proposed that rather than alter the tune I could drill and tap the throttle stop to install an adjustable screw to limit the blade to max voltage, so I will probably do that.
    71 Chevelle, LS1/4l60e, EPS 230/238 113+2, hand ported 799s, ported Fast 90/90, Doug's headers, 3.42 12 bolt

Ok, I see.

Yes, add the mechanical throttle stop; then perform idle air tuning.

Throttle blade in the closed position & 5 volts from the tps sensor. Sounds like more than just needing a throttle stop. There is something wrong with the tps sensor mounting IMO.
    The Tremor at AIR

No, the TPS reads 0% closed and voltage is in range there.

But at wide open throttle the blade rotates more than 90* to closed due to lack of built in throttle stop so the sensor is allowed to read past its maximum allowed voltage. Similar to what happens when someone grinds the bump stop on a stock tb too much.

I am going to TIG weld a bead across the idle stop block to build it up then grind the weld to fine tune for WOT voltage.