Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: help setup LC1 to V2

REMEMBER to plug in the terminator plug (2.5mm blank stereo plug) into the LC-1 SERIAL IN... (sometimes it's hard to plug in, put a small dab of vaseline on on it).

Lifetime Member

thank you very much.. i did what you told me, and its working now, both calibrations, did one with the switch and led and the free air calibration with the EFILIVE.. its working now.. thank you

Now i want to start tuning my truck, its pretty much a stock 5.3L but i want to do the autoVE and calcVE tutoriols that are on flash scan tool software.. what i need to changue on the pids?? thanks alot

Lifetime Member

If you have the file for the pids selections that are needed for the AUTOVE and AUTOMAF, and the maps file for AUTOVE and AUTOMAF that will be great, that way i can open those maps on the scantool and understand better

See attached Calc.VET pid/map files...

these can be modified for AutoVE/AutoMAF...

try doing Calc.VET first, it is very easy to do... see here: A-New-Twist-on-CALC-VE-Table-Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Ok thank you for everything, you push me to the right direction, and thanks for your patient.. i will read,read,read and try it, will uptade results, for the moment i want to thank you. sorry for my english.. Im not from United States, but i love cars.. I have a shop and is almost dedicated for engine swaps with LS, srt8, Ford, but mostly LS engines, one day i read about this hardware software EFILIVE and i just feel that i wanted to learn how to tune,, and this forum has been helping me alot.. thanks, i apreciate it, thanks to everyone, especialy youu a taz.

Lifetime Member

I read and study the CALCVE PDF and i think i understand.!! ....Now,,, how do you make a good log?? i just need to try to hit as many cells as posible in all the table?? normal driving, WOT, idle ...?? And what about if i put new heads or cam??,, i think i need to select the entire VE and multiply it for some % to be richer and be safe?

DO I NEED TO CHANGUE SOMETHING ON THE TUNE BEFORE CALCVET? sorry for all the questions
    Last edited by 400ss; August 16th, 2012 at 03:18 AM.

Hey 400ss, no worries, your English is fine, we all love cars here too

Good log requires you to operate the throttle in a smooth/progressive manner (i.e. not jerky), possibly going up hills or using the brakes to load the engine...

you want to hit each cell in the VE table as many times as possible (but as you know the LS1 spins up very quickly)... the non-hit cells are not important since they're not in the operating range (these can be hand-adjusted to match the rest of the VE surface).

If you put new heads/cam, yes to be safe, increase the VE table in the area where the torque peak is expected and above (multiply by say +6% or +8% or +10% depending on cam)...
    and if the cam has large overlap, decrease the VE table in the idle range...
    keeping in mind that the cam's overlap/duration changes the idle range (increase the idle rpm).

Before doing Calc.VET, you could set B0120 to 400 rpm (disables the VE table), but this is not necessary for the following reason:

since the VE table is used during transient airflow, when you apply the transient filter, any data where the airflow is transient is ignored... i.e. the VE table contribution is ignored.

You could do a little experiment, take logs with B0120 set to 4000 and 400, in each log apply the transient filter, and compare the maps, they will show pretty much the same data.

Lifetime Member

All right that sounds perfect.. i think im ready to start working on the tune.. i will let you know the results. thank you and thanks to everyone on this great forum

Keep an eye on units in the scantool and tunetool, make sure they agree with each other (e.g. MAP kPa in both, VE g*K/kPa in both, etc...)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast