Thread: brand new V2 crashes my HP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2140.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	572.5 KB 
ID:	13736

this is what i keep getting when plugging in the V2 to my HP

I pm'd Tech Support.

>Joe, ok thanks, i tried what Taz said and same result! im about to toss this laptop in the trash lol. noobie question though, he said check in V8 for the firmware and bootblock in the v2 its blank cause i cant get the v2 to hook up without crashing my comp, is there another way to manually enter it?

Just wondering, have you tried running just the EFI live software with out the V2 hooked up? Here is what I would try. If you have any custom tunes, save them to a different file besides the EFI folder, like a regular documents folder. Then completly uninstall EFI from the HP. Next download the program directley from the EFI website (not from the cd) and install it. Then see if EFI will run in demo mode. If it does, then hook up the V2 and see if you can update it with the latest firmware and what not.
    I would try running EFI and getting that completly updated first befor hookinh up the V2. I'm running windows 7 and not having any problems.

Lifetime Member

Incredible.. i had fixed this and now all of the sudden same thing happening. PC is still forcing the same newer driver....
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

It does this to my HP with windows 7 also. I have to use my old sony or a new lenovo with 7 when I need to use pass through.
    05 Silverado rcsb. forged 6.0,KBRacing front mount, TC-76, tuned with efi live.

Lifetime Member

I had to do a restore and they started to work again, but I fear when it happens again. its due to the newer drivers. you need older drivers.... since MS bundles with the newer drivers, there you go. BAM

Use the EFILive USB Manager tool to uninstall the new driver and install the old driver.

Lifetime Member

At least I did that and it worked the first time... the second one, only a restore fixed the issue.

Installation, right-click and choose "Run as administrator" - Install the first establishment of 211, and then select Build 203.
    When you good collection of Slim Fit Black Leather Blazer Jackets it gives you confidence to attend to every occasion and cwmalls.com helps to dress up in the best possible way. Black Leather Motorcycle Jackets For Women is the best fashion for the forthcoming year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast