Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LC-1 to V2 A/D

Got the serial cable from TAQ and worked on this. Now have serial WB, left the Analog signal going in so have analog WB and both sync to my WB gauge. We have data! Thanks for the help!

But I did try changing the stoich to 14.3 for fuel, it changes the settings for AFR in LC-1 programmer analog 1 and 2, so the 0 volt and 5 volt AFR were different and the data to scanner was off? But then again if PID is set for 7.35 to 22.39 and I send it something differant then that was to be expected.

Should I try to change stoich in WB, calibration and PIDS? Would it be worth the effort? Seems like a good idea to match fuel stoich to start good data and tuning? I've done this before with good results but in OBDI tuning software when you make changes to Stoich AFR it will change O2 - Rich/Lean O2 thres vs. Air Flow voltage values! I don't see any of those paremeters in the 98-00 Vortec def, so I don't know if Stioch is being changed properly.

Yes, pid needs to by multiplied by 14.3/14.7.

Easiest best thing to do is to ignore AFR from wideband and use lambda or EQR from wideband instead, and use commanded EQR from PCM...

you should also set B3601 in your tune to match the fuel you're using (if the Vortec definition has this parameter).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Easiest best thing to do is to ignore AFR from wideband and use lambda or EQR from wideband instead, and use commanded EQR from PCM...
    Yes I understand this. What I wanted to do is see AFR numbers I'm used to, besides learn the new to me EFI Live software and verify WB was reading correctly through new hardware/software. Glad I did because it was way off first shot on AD 1. Now I'm seeing the same on Serial, AD and gauge.

you should also set B3601 in your tune to match the fuel you're using (if the Vortec definition has this parameter).
    Check!

Yes, pid needs to by multiplied by 14.3/14.7.
    Now I need guidence to this step of how to modify PIDS. From a lot of reading it seems to be a regular process years ago, an editable file with Notpad (I use EditPad)?

I take it your calc_pids.txt has not been edited by you...?

If so, I can add a display-only AFR pid to the Calc.VET calc_pids.txt file (which has the serial wideband BEN pids that you will want for tuning).

Correct. I'll take you up on the offer if it's not something that can be done? I do have skills to edit and the file looks simple.

But that is the calc PID, wouldn't the WO2AFR1, WO2EQR1 and WO2LAM1 PIDs need to be changed? If I change the LC-1 wide band controller to 14.3 to 1 AFR wouldn't those PIDs need to changed to match? Remeber when changing the LC-1 stoich it changed the low/high AFR?

{WO2EQR1} & {WO2LAM1} don't get "changed".
    Those values are the true output of the WBO2.

If the stoich value of {WO2AFR1} is changed it needs to be close to the PCMs stoich value.
    It will never be perfect because of the decimal precision of the PCM is .6 and
    Innovates decimal precision is .1

For accurate AFR values:
    ({WO2LAM1}*Stoich)
    (Stoich/{WO2EQR1})
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Correct. I'll take you up on the offer if it's not something that can be done? I do have skills to edit and the file looks simple.

But that is the calc PID, wouldn't the WO2AFR1, WO2EQR1 and WO2LAM1 PIDs need to be changed? If I change the LC-1 wide band controller to 14.3 to 1 AFR wouldn't those PIDs need to changed to match? Remeber when changing the LC-1 stoich it changed the low/high AFR?
    None of those would change...

if you set your LC-1 stoich AFR to 14.3 then this will be reflected in WO2AFR1 (i.e. what the LC-1 serially transmits to V2)...

If you leave the LC-1 soitch AFR at 14.7, then what I meant was I can add some pids for displaying the AFR based on E10 (or whatever fuel you're using)... these would be for display-only and not used for tuning...

e.g. AFR_E10 = 14.3*{EXT.WO2LAM1} as Mr.Prick said above.

( There is a lot to be said for getting used to EQR and Lambda and to forget about AFR )

You would still use the pid WO2BEN for tuning (defined as GM.EQIVRATIO*EXT.WO2LAM1).
    Last edited by joecar; August 26th, 2012 at 03:42 PM.

Here is the calc_pids.txt file with E00/E10/E85 AFR display-only pids added ( use WO2BEN for tuning )

copy to folder My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

on the pids tab select the pid CALC.AFR;

on gauge/chart/map select one of the pids as applicable: CALC.AFR.E00, CALC.AFR.E10, CALC.AFR.E85.
    Attached Files Attached Files

( There is a lot to be said for getting used to EQR and Lambda and to forget about AFR )

You would still use the pid WO2BEN for tuning (defined as GM.EQIVRATIO*EXT.WO2LAM1).
    It needs GM.EQIVRATIO? Which is not a valid PID.... More Info is grayed out...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast