Thread: Running OLSD , have to have P0102 set .....will it effect the trans

Default Running OLSD , have to have P0102 set .....will it effect the trans

Guys just had a bit of a panic on as I've put in a new trans...

I'm running olsd so have to have the MAF fail to exclusively use the VE table
    So if I scan the car P0102 is set...but just doesnt illuminate the MIL light

However I just remembered that the MAF is used in some cases for torque calcs and therefore shift pressures......

As long as I have my trans diags set such that P0102 (or other MAF codes) set to not adjust line pressure will all be ok ??

If your VE table is correct (allowing the PCM to calculate the engine torque correctly), then the transmission torque signal pressure will be correct...

monitor the related pids (TRQENG and TFMPRS) make sure they are rising up appropriately as engine load increases.

Yes, correct, in the Transmission Diagnostics section locate any occurances of P0101, P0102, P0103 (they are not in numerial/alphabetic order).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If your VE table is correct (allowing the PCM to calculate the engine torque correctly), then the transmission torque signal pressure will be correct...

monitor the related pids (TRQENG and TFMPRS) make sure they are rising up appropriately as engine load increases.

Yes, correct, in the Transmission Diagnostics section locate any occurances of P0101, P0102, P0103 (they are not in numerial/alphabetic order).
    Thanks again Joe,

just wanted to put my mnid at rest. I will log the PIDs just to double and triple check but yes my VE is correct....i hope... with heads and cam its about 10-15% over stock 99 tune at top end ...if that sounds about right