Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 4l80e parameters to prevent TCC from disengaging in 4th gear

( tdmkr496, btw: your VE tables need more work; you're running CL STFT and OL STFT, be sure to disable both of these when tuning VE. )

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    patched file...
    Too late ... I emailed him the patched tune 5 minutes after he posted his tune this morning.

Lifetime Member

Its ok. Didnt realize it was a competition to see who got it first. But good. You have it covered.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Lifetime Member

It is not a competition. If you read the thread, you will see where I offered to help both fellows at no cost. And I have. That is why they posted their tunes in the first place.

Lifetime Member

Then great... i just saw the post and there was no mention that you had already helped. I think that for future reference i should release the cax file and no one needs to ask anyone for help.

Lifetime Member

People would definitely appreciate that. Too bad they never got added to EFILive. They have been available in other software for years now.

Lifetime Member

Highlander, that is not the same cax file that you used to patch the tune in your former post #52 (which you have now deleted entirely for some reason).

If you truly want to help the Forum members by sharing a cax file, then share it. Acting like you are making some grandiose gesture, then posting that watered down cax file is simply miserly.

Plus, there are about 25 commonly used operating systems for the Gen 3 from 1999 to 2007. If you were actually going to release cax files to help people, then they need 24 more of these.

I can never post any of mine (sometimes I would truly like to), as depleting held R&D would serve to devalue the future assessed value of my company, and I intend to sell when the time is right, in the not too distant future.

I am not trying to start an argument, but I am really tired of people posturing, then doing very little to actually help others.

Lifetime Member

Of course it is not the same... but all the parameters I used to do the patching are there. But let me check the cax file you posted.... oh wait...

There is no need at this day and age to do all the os's anyways... 12212156 serves as one of the best OS's out there for the 0411. Same like the 7603 for P59. Lots of variables available from GM to do the segment swapping from. So the fact there is a 12212156 CAX posted with all the TCC parameters needed is more help than what you have given just patching a file.

Then again.... you help? I asked you ONCE for something and got a "i can't help you" reply... so... you have no place saying that i am not helping. BTW.. i did figure out the flat response knock sensor and how the computer sees them CORRECTLY and BY CYLINDER! Thanks for your help... NOT....
    Last edited by Highlander; July 20th, 2016 at 09:28 AM.

Lifetime Member

version 7.9.5 of the cax file was not done by mick.... that was just there as a reference.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Of course it is not the same... but all the parameters I used to do the patching are there. But let me check the cax file you posted.... oh wait...

There is no need at this day and age to do all the os's anyways... 12212156 serves as one of the best OS's out there for the 0411. Same like the 7603 for P59. Lots of variables available from GM to do the segment swapping from. So the fact there is a 12212156 CAX posted with all the TCC parameters needed is more help than what you have given just patching a file.

Then again.... you help? I asked you ONCE for something and got a "i can't help you" reply... so... you have no place saying that i am not helping. BTW.. i did figure out the flat response knock sensor and how the computer sees them CORRECTLY and BY CYLINDER! Thanks for your help... NOT....
    Nice adult tantrum – were you stomping your little feet and throwing things while typing your post ?

I doubt that you figured out how to have an LS1-B PCM control LS2 / LS3 knock sensors. You ride on the coattails of others (like Vengeance), for parameter development.

Your response also tells me that you do not have cax files for all operating systems – if you actually knew how to develop these, you would.

If you actually want to help the Forum members please do. If you want to posture like some all knowing Sage, when you are not, then likely someone will call you on this behaviour.

I’m done with this thread (and you). Feel free to demean me at length.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast