Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4l80e parameters to prevent TCC from disengaging in 4th gear

Just wondering..... if someone were to have (gasp) HPT, pulled out the EFI Live tune, modified just this one table and flashed it back, would that do the trick? I know its a sloppy workaround, even more so if you don't know anyone with a vehicle or unlimited license, just wondering if that table would be automatically cleared by any subsequent EFI Live mods.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Just wondering..... if someone were to have (gasp) HPT, pulled out the EFI Live tune, modified just this one table and flashed it back, would that do the trick? I know its a sloppy workaround, even more so if you don't know anyone with a vehicle or unlimited license, just wondering if that table would be automatically cleared by any subsequent EFI Live mods.
    Yes that would work, but HPT only has it defined for a few OSs at this point so if EFILive defined them for the majority of OSs that'd be fantastic.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Any word on adding this to the "todo" list?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGMC View Post
    Any word on adding this to the "todo" list?
    Post your tune ... I can set the TCC to stay locked at 0% TPS on coast down for you.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Post your tune ... I can set the TCC to stay locked at 0% TPS on coast down for you.
    Can you share with us how you do this? Very interested.
    2001 Silverado 5.3L ECSB 2WD T56:
    T76 turbo, Meth injection, 72# injectors, 799 heads, 212/212 114LSA cam, Built 4L80E, 3.42's
    EFILive V1 Commercial, COS5 2-bar SOLSD, AEM wideband

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ferocity02 View Post
    Can you share with us how you do this? Very interested.
    Requires a custom *.cax file ....

Lifetime Member

By way of an update ...

HPT has now added these parameters for most / all Gen III OS. I don't mind patching a Gen III tune for people (from time to time) as these parameters are publicly available.

For Gen IV OS - I had chased down these parameters on my own - no small amount of time involved. I charge a fee to patch Gen IV OS - to help recover my R&D costs.

HPT has just released these parameters for a handful of Gen IV OS - only one of these OS was used in truck applications though.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    By way of an update ...

HPT has now added these parameters for most / all Gen III OS. I don't mind patching a Gen III tune for people (from time to time) as these parameters are publicly available.

For Gen IV OS - I had chased down these parameters on my own - no small amount of time involved. I charge a fee to patch Gen IV OS - to help recover my R&D costs.

HPT has just released these parameters for a handful of Gen IV OS - only one of these OS was used in truck applications though.
    Good to hear. I'm doing an 80E trans and segment swap soon and was hoping to be able to prevent the TCC from unlocking when letting off the throttle, without using the 60E segment and relay mod. I did hear that it can be done in HPT, but was not aware that it was now possible with EFILive.
    T76 turbo, Meth injection, 72# injectors, 799 heads, 212/212 114LSA cam, Built 4L80E, 3.42's

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ferocity02 View Post
    ... I did hear that it can be done in HPT, but was not aware that it was now possible with EFILive ...
    That is an oversimplification of what I had posted - and is not accurate.

An "off the shelf" version of HPT has some (many Gen IV are missing) of the 0% TPS TCC lockup parameters. An "off the shelf" version of EFILive has none of these.

Some tuning softwares allow the user to add their own parameters - thankfully, EFILive is one that allows this user specific customization.

I have invested the time and money to add many additional parameters to my version of the EFILive software. I have added parameters (guessing more than 100 by now) to operating systems from 1998 to 2014 - a necessity of operating a successful commercial venture.

Lifetime Member

Taz,

Here is my 4l80e tune. If you can set it so the TCC stays locked on decel I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by ferocity02; March 24th, 2014 at 06:58 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast