Thread: 200-4r / 700r4 Converter lockup question

Default 200-4r / 700r4 Converter lockup question

First off I need to make everyone aware I am an extreme noob (I'm sure that's obvious), so be gentle with me. Also, I searched for a couple days but have not been able to find a direct answer to this question.

I'm working on a 2001 5.3L that is being swapped into an older vehicle which already has a 200-4r transmission in it. I would like to use the 5.3 pcm to control the TCC lock up function on the trans instead of the aftermarket vacuum actuated switch. How do I go about doing this in the tune software? Also, I'm unclear on which wire would actually perform this function from the pcm. Is it RED #2 "TCC Control Solenoid" or RED #42 "TCC Enable Circuit"? I have worked on a few LS swaps, but all the others have either been used with manual trans or non-lock up autos. I appreciate any help I can get on this.

Anyone???

I have similar project and intended on using the pcm to control lockup so I could have it in 2nd/3rd not just 4th gear. Right now I have a manual switch for 2nd/3rd and 4th is hot all the time. I drive around town in manual 3rd because 4th locked results in very low rpm/chugging. However 2600 stall is a bit wasteful on fuel (not horrible by any means). I will let you know if I successfully achieve this, though I have doubts because the pcm has no way of knowing what gear the trans is in. I've considered programming for lockup over a certain speed and using one of the vacuum switches inline to force unlock under load, but maybe the pcm can already do this based on map readings? I don't recall which tables are adjustable for lockup off the top of my head. Hope you have not given up on this, best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGenThree View Post
    ...but maybe the pcm can already do this based on map readings?
    The MAP info is what made me think of this in the first place. Surely there is a way to turn that data into a line out signal through one of the wires. I have not given up on this by the way, glad you came along to breath some life in it. Let me know what you discover.