Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't get the crankshaft relearn done

Lifetime Member

Default Can't get the crankshaft relearn done

I tried a crank relearn two times today, scared the hell out of the cat too. I can't get that code to go away. First time I didn't have foot on brake, only e brake. Second time I had everything off, truck warmed up, no other codes, foot on brake, rev'd until it stumbled and let it drop to idle then I turned truck off. Turned it back on and code was still there and came back after I cleared it. I am also getting a knock sensor 'low output voltage', P0327 when I rev it high, 3000 or above. Seems to run fine and I have got all the other bugs worked out except this.

In the manual, which I have read, it shows a box (page 152, 4 green squares with rpm, TPS, wheel speed, and engine temp) that I am not seeing on the 'learning' tab, where the 'CASE' button is. Nor do i see a 'timer' feature. I am new to this and have the latest version 7.5.

Any tips?

Chris

Tons of threads on case relearn. Here is one: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....=7968#post7968

Do you have good earth (grounds)?
    2001 Z06 512K Road Runner COS5
    LSx 427, Comp 7075 TT in progress

When you turned off the ignition key, did you wait at least 20 seconds before turning it on again...?

What are all the DTC's you have present...?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by O1Z06 View Post
    Tons of threads on case relearn. Here is one: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....=7968#post7968

Do you have good earth (grounds)?
    I believe I have good grounds. I am just wondering why the CASE relearn isn't as pictured in the manual. I don't know if it's 'started' when I click the button. Nothing changes on the interface.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    When you turned off the ignition key, did you wait at least 20 seconds before turning it on again...?

What are all the DTC's you have present...?
    I did wait 15-20 seconds. But I have read of people doing it successfully and the light just goes out once it settles on idle.

I have the p1336 code of course, and I think I had a p0327 but no others. I believe I was having the knock sensor error because I didn't have it set to 'resonance' knock.. it was the other one. Being a 99 it had a different sensor than the 2002 which I got my base tune from.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba68ss View Post
    I believe I have good grounds. I am just wondering why the CASE relearn isn't as pictured in the manual. I don't know if it's 'started' when I click the button. Nothing changes on the interface.
    After you click the button, the PCM allows you 10 seconds during which you have to get the RPM up past 4000 rpm...

confirmation that the relearn is initiated is when the engine stumbles momentarily at around 4000 rpm.

The user manual has not yet caught up with the software.

What vehicle/year/model is this...?

Quote Originally Posted by bubba68ss View Post
    I am just wondering why the CASE relearn isn't as pictured in the manual.
    Unfortunately because the manual is many years out of date.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    After you click the button, the PCM allows you 10 seconds during which you have to get the RPM up past 4000 rpm...

confirmation that the relearn is initiated is when the engine stumbles momentarily at around 4000 rpm.

The user manual has not yet caught up with the software.

Ok, the two times I did it I got the stumble. I immediately let it come back down to idle. Shut it down for 15 seconds or more, turned it back on and light was still on. Cleared the code and it immediately came back on.

If the PCM keeps throwing P1336 after doing CASE relearns, then there is a physical problem between the CKP reluctor and the CKP sensor...

have a read thru this: http://www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic8970.php

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast