Thread: Car lean for 2-3 seconds at WOT

Default Car lean for 2-3 seconds at WOT

Hi guys,

ok this is actually more of a mechanical question....i think....

The log attached show my car lean only through first at 4K and above....the car has only just started doing this...ie you can see in 2nd and 3rd that the ben is close to 1 and afr if roughly as commanded.

When commanding 12.3 as here it is worse and really leans out
    when I commanded 12.6 it was only about 14:1 in the lean it is consistently lean, if I stamp on it in 2nd it will do the same

Are my injectors done ? They are maxing out too, so I have some on order but really want to know if this is the issue or could it be more sinister??

log_tune0006_race7.efi

PS yeah I am hitting the limiter in the log....the gearbox was on its final legs, nice and dark fuild came out...new one in now with 3200 stall

Hi Maudy,

I can't view the log at the moment...

did the injectors always max out, did the tune change to cause a higher demand of fuel, or is this something that just started happening...?

if this started happening, then there's a mechanical issue like you said, check things like fuel pressure (when this happens), change fuel filter, clean MAF...

Too bad about the trans...

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hi Maudy,

I can't view the log at the moment...

did the injectors always max out, did the tune change to cause a higher demand of fuel, or is this something that just started happening...?

if this started happening, then there's a mechanical issue like you said, check things like fuel pressure (when this happens), change fuel filter, clean MAF...

Too bad about the trans...
    Hi Joe,

it has not done this before, car has been sat a month and just went for a quick rn before talking it racing and noticed when I did a few WOT runs and when I race obviously.

The injectors max at the top end, but are only 60% where the lean spikes happen. I have some 36 lb/hr on order...
    I'm tring to source a pressure tested so I can check that, few guys have suggested my fuel 'sock' is blocked or shreaded, well coincidentely my fuel sender has stopped reading the fuel level too? into the tank I go.

Dont think a clean maf will help, in full OLSD

I expected trans to go, its had 30k of abuse and last 5k on head and cam setup as stock box so not too dissapointed

thanks for the help