Thread: E78 extended crank, no idle/ throttle control pids

Default E78 extended crank, no idle/ throttle control pids

cam and supercharger on a 3500 hd. experienceing extended crank and idle concerns, there does not appear to be ANY idle/ throttle control functions at this time except for desired idle speeds???????

3500HD with an E78? I thought only the 2500HD had moved to that controller?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

2011 3500 HD 6.0L. We installed a magnusson supercharger and then installed a cam. I have gotten it better with the cranking fuel, but it needs some idle air help... It is E78 for sure.

We have been adding in new tables for the E78 over the last few months, though admittadly these have been focused around the Cruze, not the trucks. What OS is your vehicle using, 12640467?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That is the cal id... Vehicle has left now, but there is definately some to be desired. I am not 100% happy but i feel my hands were tied at this point. I did get the extended crank issue improved where it is livable, but it is not correct. The same for idle quality during certain conditions. Just an FYI. I understand it is not the most sought after platform at this time...

Quote Originally Posted by rubbersidedown View Post
    I understand it is not the most sought after platform at this time...
    Yeah, that is what it comes down to I'm afraid, juggling the customer demands of all the ECM's we support is tough. I'm surprised GM hasn't switched more platforms over to the E78 for 2013, it's still only used on three vehicles and only on specific engines.
    That's not to say we will stop development for it, of course not, it's a new controller that will no doubt filter through to other vehicles, but so far at least for the trucks, tuning for big cams and blowers hasn't been something that is happening widespread just yet so problems like idle control hasn't shown up as an issue.

Default I have a 2012 2500 4x4 gmc hd e78 big towing cam tvs1900 headers no cats....

I am having a lot of drivabilty issues been thru two tuners one email tunes one custom dyno with no help always the same problems new to efi live trying to get that off the line punch and mid range and idle quality the way it should be more help please!!!