Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 98's (Locked)

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    ... As far as the numbers, I can assure you, the number of Emails we get for 1998 info v's 1999+ makes them very much a minority.
    Seriously, GMPX, if they are like me, it has been most '98 owners' civility and patience that keeps them from constantly emailing and posting. Perhaps they, like myself, admire your products and your support. This thread, and the turn it has taken, is perhaps the result frustration and chafing of patience we feel. Imagine us waiting weeks or MONTHS to ask for a status, out of consideration for your hard work.

If another "1999 and upper" owner (who posts constantly for "this" feature and "that") talks about how we are whining and being impatient, I think I'll choke my computer screen's stand. )

Do not figure out ways to rationalize and blind yourself to the fact there is a proportionate number of '98 guys that want and NEED every feature.

We held on because you guys said the limitations for us 98 guys were limited only by our participation. But, you won't let us participate. If you tell me FlashScan will be crippled compared to the features HPT delivers, or is likely to deliver, I'll turn to them today.

It seems like the more this is discussed, the farther down the slippery slope of "we won't do this, we won't do that" things go. But, tell me I've waited eight months for a better editing tool only to go purchase what I could have had nearly a year ago, I won't be a very happy camper with ANY EFILive products.

I think a decision to exclude the '98 segment of the LS1 population when other's manage to support 98's will really hurt you guys in the long run. Don't abandon 98's and withhold the goodies you pass out to everyone else from us.

As for locking this thread... how about "warning" those inflammatory posts from those who want to bash us for "whining". We have a stake in this, too. the thread is relevant... giving us a status, one that moves... is relevant; it's not unreasonable.
    I'd rather be blown, bored... AND stroked!
    Now: 447 CID (Corvette 427) , ATI Procharger D-1SC Supercharger

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I didn't want to lock it - but it has gone way off track.

I have started a new thread for updates on 98 support.
    http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtop...?p=13895#13895

Two final points that need to be made:

1. Back in December/January, EFILive did not advertise nor make it clear that 98 support was not available. That was an oversight on our part. Some customers bought EFILive with the expectation that 98's were supported.

2. The bickering about which model is popular is a moot point. We are not supporting 98 (or any model) because of its popularity. We are supporting 98's because I made a decision to support them (against other people's advice). I don't want to regret that decision, but the above flame war is making it so.

Regards
    Paul

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415