Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 98's (Locked)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87gmc
    Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    Its just a matter of time.... It will be done Just everyone is really busy doing all the other cool and exciting things.
    Paul had said may so i was just curious if it was still on track
    Yes it's still on track.
    Paul

Any pre-released dates for 98's yet?

Yes..please give us 98 owners some good news! :lol:

Guys, Things can only go so fast, The code is really difficult to set up and dissasemble, Then has to be put into the editor each table at a time, tested for accuracy and then on to the next table. So it takes time, Im sure it will be done, I think they are just making sure we have a stable and awsome release of the 99 up software first, Then on to the other stuff, The 98 stuff is being worked on, It is also public on how you guys can do it your self in the read files of the 98 cal, You can set up your own tables and set up the locations and the labels ect. You just cant read or write to the pcm thru the software yet as the program needed has not been put in the software yet... But you do have the ability to edit the 98 tun file and read it just fine when you set up your txt file. The bins are kinda a pain to get right now as you have to dissasemble the pcm and pull the flash chip and put it in a flash reader and write the edited code to it that way but it is very complicated and hope you dont ruin the pcm. I have a 98 file for anyone needing a stock one to start playing with. Thanks jes
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

I for one couldn't care less if the thing makes coffee for the 99+ guys while they wait.... :roll: I know the guys are working hard on it and we all know they want to make us 98 guys as happy as the 99+ guys. So don't just tell us what we want to hear and then slip the date, tell us when we are going to see it and produce on that date whatever it is. We'll understand if something comes up.... just don't be vague about it.

Say "It'll be out in beta at (insert date here)" and if something comes up then say "Due to (insert problems here) our date for release of the 98 beta stuff has to be pushed back to (insert date here)". Just don't say "Well, we'll hit it hard here soon and look for it sometime next month.... or maybe the next... kinda depends." We'd all be a lot happier and you guys wouldn't have to answer a thousand "where is the 98 support" questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Homeslice
    We'd all be a lot happier and you guys wouldn't have to answer a thousand "where is the 98 support" questions.
    Good things come to those who wait (patiently).
    It's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Homeslice
    Say "It'll be out in beta at (insert date here)" and if something comes up then say "Due to (insert problems here) our date for release of the 98 beta stuff has to be pushed back to (insert date here)".
    Ok, I feel your pain, I hope this helps...

The pre-release 98 version will be available for evaluation on May 31, 2005.
    It will contain the first round of calibrations and a few sample (stock) 98 bin files that you can load and review.

The next stage will be more calibrations and the PCM reading option so that you can read your own PCM. That will be pre-released on June 14, 2005.

The last stage will be the rest of the calibrations and the PCM reflashing option so that you can reprogram your own PCM. We do not have a firm date for that yet.

Those are our internal delivery dates, and if anything causes those dates to slip we will let you know. As of today, I believe we will hit those dates.

Regards
    Paul

Thats great to hear Paul. We ask for dates and you deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by black02ss
    Thats great to hear Paul. We ask for dates and you deliver.
    It is easy to type in a date. Delivering on that date is the hard part.
    Paul

New guy patiently waiting also .
    Roy 98SSSSSS

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast