Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 98's (Locked)

you will need another gauge cluster also, the 98 computer has all kinds of outputs for the gauges, where the 99 up uses the serial data, and there are power and ignition wires you will have to splice together. Also delete lots of codes, I have had to do a couple of these swaps, and it was not fun, But does work... i modify the factory 99 up harnesses for 8 wire installation in any vehicle, or just plug in the plugs if on a camaro but it would be more if you wanted the abs stuff and emmissions ect.. and i have been just pulling out the old computer and harness and then using my modded harness and it all just plugs in and go I hate repinning.. lol
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

It would be a lot of work, since I dont need any emissions or trans stuff I would just not hook up any of those wires but after printing both the pinouts and comparing them I dont think one pin is shared between the 98s and 99up so screw that, be easier to do a 99 up harness. Cluster would be a problem also, oh well, it was just a thought

Man I just hope everything can get fixed I need my car running :-(

Summers here and I wanna cruise

I cannot believe you 98 owners are accepting of this....

I know that does not help the 98 guys at all, but our committment has always been to get the 99-05 PCMs working correctly, then implement the 98's.
    WHY???? Are we 98 guys less important? Didn't we spend the same amount of money as the 99+ guys? Again, why wasn't this specified in the website where users are shelling out the money....?

The 98' are at the top of the priority list after the current issues and full reflash are sorted out.
    Again, why? You have a product that is broken and useless to everyone here who bought it for use on their 1998 LS1. An entire segment of your customer base is without ANY functionality at all and you are worried about getting some of the niceties debugged for the 99+ guys??? It doesn't make any sense to me. This should be your number 1 priority.

The 99 up cars are vin locked to the cable so you only get to program the set amount of cars you have payed for. The 98 computer however for the current people that have efilive it will be a FREE to program as MANY 98 cars as you want... Isnt that worth waiting for?? You can charge all your buddys a couple bucks here and there and you can have your cable payed off in no time
    If there is something that you want to do or need a program for you 98, Just send me your pcm and ill set it up for you for free untill they are done setting up the 98 stuff.
    The 98 stuff from the very begining was always said that it would be out for the public to set it up, So that is what is happing, And That being said, i feel that they are going very well. jessebubb@yahoo.com is my email addy, if you need something done just ask, ill set you up. jes
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    The 99 up cars are vin locked to the cable so you only get to program the set amount of cars you have payed for. The 98 computer however for the current people that have efilive it will be a FREE to program as MANY 98 cars as you want... Isnt that worth waiting for?? You can charge all your buddys a couple bucks here and there and you can have your cable payed off in no time
    If there is something that you want to do or need a program for you 98, Just send me your pcm and ill set it up for you for free untill they are done setting up the 98 stuff.
    The 98 stuff from the very begining was always said that it would be out for the public to set it up, So that is what is happing, And That being said, i feel that they are going very well. jessebubb@yahoo.com is my email addy, if you need something done just ask, ill set you up. jes
    Where was this said..... I bought a product and it doesn't work, plain and simple. I have a shitload of testing and such to do to get a tune hammered out, I appreciate the gesture but I'd be sending the PCM back and forth every day. It's very poor bussiness practice to say a product supports all LS1's when in reality it is for 99+ PCM's ONLY.

I don't have the time to browse the forums all day hoping to catch these little nuggets like "It won't work on your car". That needs to be in big bold print or stickied in the store. I wasn't hanging around here whenever the understanding that the CUSTOMERS would be writing the code for the product we PAID a lot of money for, so I went with what the company said in their store. I could care less about programming unlimited cars.... I care about one and I just spent a bunch of money for a useless product.

What mods do you have done to your car? what state are you in?

Lifetime Member

Code:
    re·search   Audio pronunciation of "research" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (r-sûrch, rsûrch)
    n.

1. Scholarly or scientific investigation or inquiry. See Synonyms at inquiry.
       2. Close, careful study.

v. re·searched, re·search·ing, re·search·es
    v. intr.

To engage in or perform research.

v. tr.

1. To study (something) thoroughly so as to present in a detailed, accurate manner: researching the effects of acid rain.
       2. To do research for: research a magazine article.

5 minutes browsing around wouldve uncovered/answered all your issues. I dont buy a product before doing a little background on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    Code:
    re·search   Audio pronunciation of "research" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (r-sûrch, rsûrch)
    n.

1. Scholarly or scientific investigation or inquiry. See Synonyms at inquiry.
       2. Close, careful study.

v. re·searched, re·search·ing, re·search·es
    v. intr.

To engage in or perform research.

v. tr.

1. To study (something) thoroughly so as to present in a detailed, accurate manner: researching the effects of acid rain.
       2. To do research for: research a magazine article.

5 minutes browsing around wouldve uncovered/answered all your issues. I dont buy a product before doing a little background on it.
    Thanks, now I know what research means. I read every technical article on the site. Nowhere does it mention not working with 98's. A search of the forum yielded 1 article that difinitively answered my question and that was quite a few down. Apparently unlike yourself, I have work and a life and don't spend all day everyday talking to kiddies on the forums. Forums are not an excuse. This is a fairly important little detail to be left out wouldn't you agree.

Wait4me:

It has a fairly radical head and cam, and a 300 shot dry on street tires. It requires a bunch of work to get it to idle and run right and then many more hours working to get it to hook on the bottle.... right now it sits in my garage undrivable, it does me no good to get it to sit and gurgle, running on a stock tune. How far away is this update?

A 300 dry shot will not work, the computer only has the ability to adjust for so much in the maf tables. I deal with large high horsepower large lift motors all the time.. as well as using large shots of nitrous myself. i currently run a 408 stroker with a Very large cam and a 300 shot of nitrous... But mine is a wet kit due to the fact of the dry shot causing problems and not being accurate over 220 horsepower.. and finding out that the nozles only support 175 with 3an line and a single nozzle.. if you are close to me i will help you out.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast