Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High speed flashing problems

Lifetime Member

Default High speed flashing problems

I'm having some strange problems with a truck, and I was hoping someone could help me figure out what is going on. The truck is an 03 with an aftermarket radio. If you try to flash it with the high speed box checked, it will say the controller is unlicensed, but if you uncheck it, it will flash. I just tried to do a cal flash with the V8 software. It completed the flash, but it threw a checksum error at the end and wouldn't turn over when trying to start it. I'm doing a full flash with the V7.5 software right now. It also shows the controller is unlicensed if you try to flash with the V2 standalone.

Try with the radio disabled (fuse removed).

What year/model/vehicle...?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Try with the radio disabled (fuse removed).

What year/model/vehicle...?
    I tried removing the radio fuse, and it still acts up. It is a 2003 GMC 2500HD 4x4 CC/SB with an LB7 and an Allison transmission. It works perfect if you uncheck the high speed box.

Lifetime Member

Bump

Lifetime Member

Have you tried completely unplugging the radio then trying to flash? Im assuming you have at least 1 integration box that is attached to the VPW bus, if this module doesnt shut down correctly it will keep broadcasting and mess up the comms on the entire data bus. Just pulling the radio fuse wont do it if you have an aftermarket stereo and integration box(es).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Have you tried completely unplugging the radio then trying to flash? Im assuming you have at least 1 integration box that is attached to the VPW bus, if this module doesnt shut down correctly it will keep broadcasting and mess up the comms on the entire data bus. Just pulling the radio fuse wont do it if you have an aftermarket stereo and integration box(es).
    I have not. Not sure it's worth the trouble if that's what it takes.

Other modules on the serial/VPW bus might be chattering... you might have to try removing other fuses (e.g. BCM, On-Star, ...).

Lifetime Member

I'm thinking it must be something to do with the radio. It has had an aftermarket radio for a while, but it was recently changed to a different one. It didn't do that before the new radio. I just didn't know the integration boxes could be causing problems. I thought pulling the radio fuse would take care of it.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
    I'm thinking it must be something to do with the radio. It has had an aftermarket radio for a while, but it was recently changed to a different one. It didn't do that before the new radio. I just didn't know the integration boxes could be causing problems. I thought pulling the radio fuse would take care of it.
    Unfortunately, no.

Try pulling the integration boxes, if it flashes successfully after that in high speed then you have to decide if you want to keep pulling them or use low speed. Sucks, but its not anything EFILive can do anything about because its a 3rd party not writing their code to force the modules to shut down correctly.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I have integration boxes on my Silverado and as long as I pull the aftermarket radio fuse it flashes fine.
    Sometimes the door being open can cause a none flash, turn off the lights if set to auto.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast