Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Please, on the dyno and rev limiter like problem at ~4600

Thats the spirit! funny that 90% of this tune is either irrelevant, disabled, etc and still possibly running into an issue... It coincided with 98-99 mph as well. Could H0109 be the issue?

Should I zero or max 6614 and/or 1201?

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-Torque-by-RPM

Will try to get an image of the dyno graph soon, it freaks out after 4600 rpm but continues to pull. Hp flattens out perfectly flat.

From that thread you posted, it appears some OSs need 6614 zeroed... I have never encountered that, the ones I have seen 6614 needed to be maxed - you will have to try both ways I guess. You might not have ETC, but there are settings in the tune that were set to ETC (i.e. the original tune you started with was ETC?). That would cause 6614 to kick in torque management right where you are seeing it go flat...
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

Thank you, I will try it both ways at the track today and see if it effects me either way. Looking back at the day I am now thinking the dyno was simply freaking out playing on some suspicions I had about my tune, Almost 100% positive there is no issue and that I was chasing my tail since only fuel can get pulled and if timing is pulled it would have shown on my #1 cylinder timing pid.

Thank you guys for taking the time to poke at my "issue", hopefully it turns out to be nothing.

Now that dyno fever has subsided I looked closer at the data and found it was sampling after the run but mixing the data back into the graph as it coasted back down from let off until the run was ended at 4600-4700 rpm. Happened three times in a row at about the same rpm which was what had us pointing fingers at the truck. Had I not doubted my truck we would have found the glitch and kept tuning, just deleting off the end of the run to clean up the graph. Oh well, small circus all for nothing, going to the track tonight to see what it really does, more boost, more timing!

Stuff happens... running at the track is the final word.

Indeed, can't drive a dyno!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12