Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: locked ecm

Default locked ecm

I was tunning on a buddies truck and locked the ecm and the abs lights and park brake light and the Speedo is off so I went to reload a new tune in it and I can't get back in it says bootloader rejected and can't get back in did I lock it the wrong way I did it when the programing window comes up and I put my own key in it. What do I need to do

Put your key in and unlock it...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

i did it still say bootloader rejected

Check the lock status with the scan tool, are you sure its still locked? I dont know of a single valid reason to be locking a pcm anyways.

What ya mean buy using the scan tool to see if ya can use it or what

I locked it so no one can pull my tune out and use it how do you just lock the tune from being seen instead of locking the computer

What truck? DSP 2 or 5?
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by crash85 View Post
    What ya mean buy using the scan tool to see if ya can use it or what
    Sorry I meant Tune Tool. While connected to the vehicle and your V2 you can check status of PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by crash85 View Post
    I locked it so no one can pull my tune out and use it how do you just lock the tune from being seen instead of locking the computer
    Don't take this the wrong because I dont know you and Im not bashing you personally. 99% of the people out there are locking tunes because they dont want people to see how little they actually did or how screwed up the tune it. Your also forcing a customer to come back to you because they have to not because they want to. I cant even keep pcm's instock because so many people get burned by tuners who locked there pcm and they didnt even know it and now want a new tune.
    There are no magic secretes to tuning to worry about people stealing your work. If someone is going to steal your work they probably werent going to pay you in anyways for a tune. If your still worried about your work you can make tunes where you can only open them and see then but it does not lock the pcm.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Sorry I meant Tune Tool. While connected to the vehicle and your V2 you can check status of PCM.

Don't take this the wrong because I dont know you and Im not bashing you personally. 99% of the people out there are locking tunes because they dont want people to see how little they actually did or how screwed up the tune it. Your also forcing a customer to come back to you because they have to not because they want to. I cant even keep pcm's instock because so many people get burned by tuners who locked there pcm and they didnt even know it and now want a new tune.
    There are no magic secretes to tuning to worry about people stealing your work. If someone is going to steal your work they probably werent going to pay you in anyways for a tune. If your still worried about your work you can make tunes where you can only open them and see then but it does not lock the pcm.
    Maybe in the gasser world that is true, the diesel tuning has seen a ton of "New Tuner's" lately..........a lot of us worked very hard to build our tunes and we don't want anyone else profiting from our hard work...............kinda like when Microsoft makes an Office Suite and everyone wants the unlock key so they can get if for free.

Just so you are aware, only the LBZ/LMM ecm tunes can be effectively locked from view and copying in DSP5 format, the LB7 and LLY cannot because we still do not have auto-locking of the ecm after the flash.

We can double the HP/TQ with just tuning, not just 50HP like you would expect to get out of a stock gasser, if you even can get that most of the time...............gasser tuning isn't the same as diesel tuning, especially since the Allison needs a properly written ecm tune to shift good.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

I tune diesels also, I just do more gas than diesel. I have really been thinking about switching and doing more diesel since they are faster to tune, less tables, and pay more. LB7 and LLY are almost 10 years old now, I doubt someone is trying to steal tunes for those and make a living. Atleast where Im at I hardly ever tune them anymore, everyone has newer duramax wanting tune. There are just as many if not more "new tuners" popping up everyday in the gas tuning world. Guys stealing tunes and trying to pass them off as there own just dont make it very long IMO. I still dont see that as a valid argument.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast