Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
I guess we will never agree on this. I tune gas and diesel's I just dont only tune gas. It just seems really odd from a tuners point of view so many diesel tuners are worried about all these people stealing tunes so they have to lock them. In the gas world 99% of the people are locking there tunes so people cant see how little they actually changed. Locked tunes throw all kinds of red flags to me. If someone is selling some one else's tunes they wont last long IMO. How will they handle when something is different? What about someone asking a question about tuning? Fakes and frauds usually dig there self into a hole pretty quick. With everyone locking tunes to protect there work you are making it easier to hide what your doing. How do I know you didnt buy a "unlocked" tune and are selling it as your own and locking the pcm? My personal opinion is that is what is happening in the diesel world with so many tuners popping up all the time. Im not singling anyone out or pointing fingers, just stated my opinion in general. Its not directed to anyone in particular.
I am not sure how many 1000+ RWHP trucks you have tuned with a large set of twins and 100%-200% injectors, or how many big single pullers you have tuned, but when you have something that works well and makes big HP/TQ and lights a charger quickly it's not something you leave unlocked.

You are right, we will never agree, you think everyone is honest as the day is long or you think we are 5 table tuners and are hiding something.

That may be the case for Copy/Paste tuners, but that would hardly describe how my tunes are written. Although I am not a bragger, I have tuned many, many trucks and I alter no less than 70-80 tables on an average tune.........in fact I own two duramax trucks and some tunes have gone thru between 65-80 changes on a single tune, some have 200-300 changes over weeks or months just tweaking.

So I am not going to give away the secrets, the tables, or anything else.