Thread: LMM DPF/EGR delete with Banks Six gun

Default LMM DPF/EGR delete with Banks Six gun

I have a buddy with an LMM that he has been using his Banks six gun on since he bought it, he has decided to do a DPF delete as well as block and shut off the EGR, I read his stock file and made the changes to shut off DPF and EGR, truck runs and drives fine no engine light but he says the turbo sounds different and his fuel mileage has gotten worse??? I made no changes to his file except the changes to the DPF and EGR related MIL's and parameters. Can it be done this way or just ditch the Banks and tune it? He wanted to keep his Banks because he uses it for gauges, it has a nice monitor.
    2001 Chevrolet K2500HD Duramax
    Suncoast SCIV 1056
    Kennedy twin lift pumps
    Billet pick up
    MBRP 4" exhaust
    Air intake horn mod
    ARP head studs
    A few more go fast/truck pulling goodies!
    Tuned with EFI
    12.65 @ 107 1.71 60'

If you want post the stock file and then we can see if something stands out that might be causing it.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Default LMM DPF/EGR delete with Banks Six gun

Did you read the file with the Banks still hooked up. The parameters are different when the file is read through the Banks module. You have to unhook the module and plug the factory harness back in and then reread the file and turn the DPF and EGR off ONLY. then flash the program in ( it may cost you another license because flashing through the Banks is like another ECM). And then plug the Banks back in , and you should be good to go.

You cannot read it with the Banks module in line, I had to have him take it all out and then read it, modify the file and then I reflashed and had him put the Banks stuff back. I notice the monitor has things like soot level, and other DPF related parameters, but Banks told him it shouldn't be an issue but they can't say for sure because that's not how they intended it to work. I will post both the stock and the modded files here. Thanks guys!!!
    Suncoast SCIV 1056
    Kennedy twin lift pumps
    Billet pick up
    MBRP 4" exhaust
    Air intake horn mod
    ARP head studs
    Tuned with EFI
    12.65 @ 107 1.71 60'

So, I had him come by the house and check it out for myself, it was doing crazy things, vanes were all over the place, smoking for no reason etc. I flashed it back to stock and it ran fine just an engine light for the sensors that are unplugged. I decided to start over since I have never had this issue before and I just did this exact thing for a construction company on one of their 4500 trucks, no changes to the tune file except the DPF and EGR is off. I found a thread on Duramaxdiesels.com that the THEFERMANATOR had posted with a DPF/EGR delete tune for an LMM with the 7083 OS I believe.... looked at what he did and did the same on the 8594 stock OS from the truck I am having issues with and it seems to be ok??????? When I looked at the history tab both files had the same things changed and the latest one works??? As long as it keeps working I will be happy.

I will post the tune file here soon as I can.

Thanks guys!!!!!
    Suncoast SCIV 1056
    Kennedy twin lift pumps
    Billet pick up
    MBRP 4" exhaust
    Air intake horn mod
    ARP head studs
    Tuned with EFI
    12.65 @ 107 1.71 60'

i have done this with the edge w/juice and it works good might just have been a glitch in youre first flash
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks

I had the same problem with one of my LMM trucks when i just went in the tune and disabled egr. I fixed it by zeroing out all the parameters for egr flow. Dont know why but it fixed the problem. i also changed the re enabling temps. it had nothing to do with my banks sytem. the problem was done with or without the banks. I have done the dsp5 with turbo brake, no hiss (rumble), also turned all post injection off. Banks six gun still works like a champ.

It sounds like his EGR is open. Log it.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

If the EGR valve is not blocked or removed it can blow open from pressure, I've seen it many times.