Thread: Sluggish Truck

Default Sluggish Truck

Here is the problem-
    Recently my truck feels sluggish or like its pulling a trailer but its not. I really seem to notice it once the truck warms up and when I'm at highway speeds going up a small grade, I have to give it more throttle than I used to. It spools 2lbs of boost to maintain 70 mph on flat road. The truck still builds boost according to my mechanical gauge. The oil doesnt smell like diesel to me. I just changed the fuel filter in an attempt to solve the problem. Injectors were replaced 40k mi ago by a the dealer. The truck is not throwing any codes. None of the brakes are dragging. It is not smoking at idle. Truck has a 90 hp tune from PPE. 173k miles. It goes up to 23lbs of boost when floored then falls off to 20 when it shifts.

I logged the truck with efi live tonight but dont really know what i'm looking at or for so I was searching for some help. The first one is some idle time with a couple of pulls and the second is balance rates. If you know what your looking at then please chime in!
    Attached Files Attached Files

looks like a stock tune to me. are you sure the PPE is on there? try cleaning your MAF sensor and see if that helps. also check for any boost leaks.
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires

I did a boost leak test up to 30psi and it held fine. I cleaned the MAF once but I'll try it again, the values seem to be tracking right. I assume the tune is in the truck since the speedometer is correct for my larger tires. Thanks for looking at the log.