Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Realtime tuning with Moates RoadRunner

Quote Originally Posted by stevieturbo
    Doesnt EFILive already allow making changes to the map, whilst the engine is running ???

I thought that was the reason it was called EFI "live"

Ive just ordered the EFI Commercial Flashscan for use on a friends Monaro, and was under the impression this was the case, and was a major reason for choosing the product.
    Yikes, at least you made the right choice in tuning software.
    Last edited by MN C5; February 25th, 2006 at 05:10 PM.

mmmm, that reply doesnt sound promising.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Doesnt EFILive already allow making changes to the map, whilst the engine is running ???

I thought that was the reason it was called EFI "live"

Ive just ordered the EFI Commercial Flashscan for use on a friends Monaro, and was under the impression this was the case, and was a major reason for choosing the product.
    You're right EFILive was called "Live" because it can do those things in real-time. EFILive can alter the spark and fuel in realtime without using the RoadRunner.
    However, with the addition of the new Moates RoadRunner unit you can change many more parameters in real time and change them more accurately.

Without the Roadrunner:
    The Bidirectional control panel allows you alter the fuel to a set value for all cells. That allows you to hold the car at a problem rpm/load and adjust the fuel until it is correct. You can do the same with spark. However those changes are temporary and only last as long as EFILive is connected to the PCM. To make the changes permanent requires that you translate the changes you made with the bidirectional controls into changes in the tuning Tool calibration maps and then flash the changes into the PCM. That process is time consuming. It can take up to 5 minutes.
    For a workshop using a dyno, if you had to make 20 changes, that's nearly 2 hours of time that could have been spent tuning. Or for a guy hiring a dyno, that's a lot of dyno time that could be used fine tuning the engine.

With the Roadrunner:
    You make changes directly to the tuning tool calibration maps, the changes you make are permanent even after you disconnect EFILive. There is no down time, you can make many changes in just a few minutes.
    You can change any calibration in the Tuning Tool using the Roadrunner, you are not limited to the bidirectional controls offered in EFILive's control panel.

The bidirectional control approach to tuning works well and is still one of the best ways to find and correct trouble spots. However, the new RoadRunner is a quantum leap forward in control and accuracy while tuning. Almost like the difference between carburetters and fuel injection. You can still make a great carby car, its just easier and more accurate with fuel injection.

Also don't forget about EFILive's AutoVE tuning using a wide band O2 to dial in the VE tables automatically just by driving around. That functionality is still important and very much supported in EFILive.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

mmmm, that reply doesnt sound promising.
    You won't be disappointed.
    That's why you paid full price.
    The people who buy EFILive products usually keep it/them.
    Like a good watch - you may not wear it all the time....but you don't sell.
    People keep valued items.

Cheers,
    joel

Ok, this will be the deal breaker ? for this product for many people.

Does it work with the custom OSs?

Seems like it would.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QUICKSILVER2002
    Ok, this will be the deal breaker ? for this product for many people.

Does it work with the custom OSs?

Seems like it would.
    Absolutely 100% fully supported with all EFILive's custom operating systems.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by bink
    You won't be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bink
    The people who buy EFILive products usually keep it/them.
    Like a good watch - you may not wear it all the time....but you don't sell.
    People keep valued items.
    Joel is right, as you use EFILive you will come to wonder "How could I have done without this until now...?" and you'll wish you did it sooner.
    Best money you could ever spend (not just on the car, but on anything in general).

Just a quick question on this quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Moates.Net
    The EFI Live software license is $199 which allows EFI Live to work with your specific emulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moates.Net
    If you already have an EFI Live license for other products, the realtime license is the same.
    I am assuming if you already have an EFILive license, be-it workshop, commercial or personal that the $199 is not necessary in which case all we need is the emulator, or is this just a one-off fee to license the realtime part of the program.

Cheers Scotty.
    It's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

The $199 is a one off fee. For yourself, once you pay that you use RoadRunner on as many cars as you desire and then reflash the tune into the vehicles PCM as per normal.

Cheers,
    Ross

P.S - Her indoors told me you called, yes, I really am in NZ, it was not an excuse :-)
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

So, I have purchased EFILive which comes with 2 licenses. I would not need to purchase a license for Roadrunner if I decide to buy it ?

And this license would allow me to use the Roadrunner in any LS1 equipped vehicle too ( although its unlikely thats gona happen )

The other license would be required for use with the original Holden ecu ?

Regarding the auto-tune via wideband.... That was another major factor in me choosing EFILive too.
    I do still believe I have chosen the right product, based on what is available. Its just a pity to get what I really wanted, I need to buy roadrunner ( or a stand alone ecu, although didnt really want to go down that route ). Alas, thats just the way things are.

I'll know better next week when I receive my EFILive though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast