Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Realtime tuning with Moates RoadRunner

Quote Originally Posted by stevieturbo
    So, I have purchased EFILive which comes with 2 licenses. I would not need to purchase a license for Roadrunner if I decide to buy it ?

And this license would allow me to use the Roadrunner in any LS1 equipped vehicle too ( although its unlikely thats gona happen )

The other license would be required for use with the original Holden ecu ?

Regarding the auto-tune via wideband.... That was another major factor in me choosing EFILive too.
    I do still believe I have chosen the right product, based on what is available. Its just a pity to get what I really wanted, I need to buy roadrunner ( or a stand alone ecu, although didnt really want to go down that route ). Alas, thats just the way things are.

I'll know better next week when I receive my EFILive though.
    Yes you need to spend the 199 for the license to use the roadrunner even if you already have EFILive personal or commerical version. With the roadrunner you can tune as many LS1 vehicles as you want but to be able to write to the vehicle's original pcm you need to have an EFILive license for that.
    John
    2000 SS Camaro
    LSX 427 with GT55-94mm
    9.77 @ 157 4030 lbs race weight

Yes, but EFILive comes with 2 licenses does it not ?

1 would do roadrunner, and the other the original pcm ??

I assume the roadrunner product is an outright sale, and does not require an exhange ecu to be sent to them ??

Lifetime Member

it comes with two pcm licenses the roadrunner license is something seperate and costs more (and you need hardware to go with it ie a New RoadRunner PCM)
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

Cheers, that clears that up....

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    The $199 is a one off fee. For yourself, once you pay that you use RoadRunner on as many cars as you desire and then reflash the tune into the vehicles PCM as per normal.
    Is this true if I have already spent $7k on a workshop version? Moates indicates that I indeed need to cough up another $200. Just checking.

Lifetime Member

Another 200 and the cost of the RoadRunner PCM unless you allready have it. The Workshop version allows you to flash any vehicle supported Craigs hardware allwos you to RT toon any vehicle supported but you have to pay for a RT tooning license....

Larry - HumpinSS

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

If you already have EFILive then you need to purchase RoadRunner and the $199 for the add on EFILive license to allow you to hook up the EFILive Tuning Tool software to RoadRunner.

For workshops users that's all there is to it - no more to pay.

For Personal/Commercial users, if you want to take the tune from the RoadRunner PCM and flash it into a different vehicle then it requires a PCM license as normal.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I love the product, and realtime will be super cool.

To be devil's advocate though, the workshop version kind of seems like I have already paid for 'all licenses'. From a workshop perspective, it seems more like an upgrade. Who gets the $199? The guy from Moates seems to indicate that he did all the work, so what am I 'getting' for my $199. Will my EFILive work any differently?

That being said, I will probably get one tomorrow. If this product weren't as good as it is, I would be fairly ticked off.

Lifetime Member

Yes the Workshop version does pay for all licenses but they are PCM licenses. RT Tuning is licesensed by EFILive and Craig Moates and is not covered under your existing PCM License agreement. The workshop version only allows you to flash all of the vehicles EFILive supports without inccuring the additional 99.00 PCM License fee per vehicle. The RT licenses allows your EFILive software to talk with Craigs RT Hardware a totally different ball game...

Larry - HumpinSS

Folks,

Keep in mind that the EFI Live folks had to invest a good bit of work to get their software integrated with the new hardware, so it wasn't quite just a 'plug and play' deal for them. Not only the communications and security protocols, but integrating everything so that it is pretty seamless from a tuner's perspective. The realtime updates and everything that goes along with that.

Additionally, consider the new features that are on tap as the software side evolves. What it is today is great, but what it will be tomorrow is what has me really excited.

Not trying to justify anything here, just letting you know that the software side was a good bit of work. I don't even want to talk about the work on the hardware side, I'm spent!

-Craig

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast