Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loaded tune and truck starts then dies

Default Loaded tune and truck starts then dies

Sent an autocal to a guy with some tunes on it and he loaded one of the tunes to the ECM with the autocal in standalone mode. Tune loaded great, no issues at all. Started the truck and it started fine and after about 10 seconds the truck dies. Restart the truck and it fires right up but dies shortly after about 7-10 seconds from initial start up. Have any of you seen this? Maybe try reloading it again?

Thanks

Sounds like the wrong vin got loaded into the ECM.

ABS and security lights on in the dash?
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

gordon@innovativediesel.com

Either the VIN or the Anti-theft option is disabled.

Anti-theft....

Wrong VIN will die almost instantly
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Yes it was a VIN digit. The very last digit was off by one

Les, it was dieing almost immediately, he was telling me wrong at first but you were right in the fact it died immediately and the VIN was incorrect by one digit.

Here is something else odd and maybe you can offer an opinion on this also. I had him "read" his stock tune and email it to me. I then saved his stock as it was sent to me and then linked it to the V2 which was the V2 that his autocal was linked to and then after linking his stock read to the V2 I saved it and sent it back to him for a backup plan if he need to reload his stock tune. Well after trying to load the modified tune I had sent earlier and realizing the VIN was not matched, I told him to simply load his stock tune and I would redo the modified tune and correct the VIN. He reloaded the stock tune and the first time he loaded it, part way through or at end it stopped and said error, "checksum error". So I said load it again and he did and this time it loaded fine and the truck started and would drive but the ABS, EMERGENCY BRAKE and AIRBAG lights are on and stay on. This his stock tune that he read and sent to me and all I did was link it to my V2 and send it right back to him. Why is the ABS, AIRBAG and EMERGENCY BRAKE LIGHT staying on? Have you ever seen this.

When wrong vin is put into ecm you can not just reload the right one and call it good for the tipm modual read the wrong vin to so has to go to dealer and reprogam tipm and ecm for efi has no way to reprogam tipm. Has all to do with secuerity.
    Tuning by Zack StarLite diesel

Quote Originally Posted by easymon View Post
    When wrong vin is put into ecm you can not just reload the right one and call it good for the tipm modual read the wrong vin to so has to go to dealer and reprogam tipm and ecm for efi has no way to reprogam tipm. Has all to do with secuerity.
    Thanks for the reply! So if it can read the wrong one and store it, why can it no read the correct one when I reload the tune with the correct VIN? Just trying to understand, not questioning you. I mean if the TIPM picked up the wrong one, why can it not pick up the correct one when I load back the tune with the VIN corrected?

I corrected the VIN and reloaded the tune. The truck started and ran fine but has the following:

ABS LIGHT
    EMERGENCY BRAKE LIGHT
    VOLTAGE METER IS FLUCTUATING UP AND DOWN ON DASH

Can it be driven?
    Also, how much is the Dealer gonna charge for this?

Just an FYI...the person emailed me the VIN based on his registration BUT the Registration was wrong and did not match the actual VIN on the truck by one digit. Just a tip to have folks send VIN from truck not registration as someone could make an error on the registration as in this case...just food for thought.

ABS and other goofy things going on is from the tipm need to have it flashed only way to clear this.Iit stored the mismatch as for cost had mine done a couple of times in past at dealer 65.00 course this depends on where your at usualy a hour or less for flash. And yes it can driven just annoying.
    Tuning by Zack StarLite diesel

Im having same issue, VIN is correct and anti theft is disabled, 06 megacab, using 2602 OS with no luck, dies right after it starts.
    Last edited by ksieckmann; December 17th, 2013 at 03:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast