Thread: v2 not logging pids correctly?

Junior Member bierworthmotorsports's Avatar

Default v2 not logging pids correctly?

Hey all, i recently just bought a v2 from a reputable dealer.. loaded many calibrations, recently a upgraded os to dsp5, and cannot log main injection pulse correctly. Ranges from 300-400us during any condition. Did this since day 1. It is not a pilot that i am looking at, im 99% sure i am not logging too many pids at once, and have all the recent updates. I can provide a log if necessary. I have also tried a different laptop to log with, and same result.. The truck runs perfect with no concerns, except logging. Pilot injections are also displaying incorrect information, intermittantly. Vehicle is a 06 lbz duramax. Any ideas?? things to try??
    knowledge is horsepower.

Have a look at this: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch

( I'm not sure how to setup DSP and/or copy diesel tunes to your V2 )
    Last edited by joecar; September 21st, 2012 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks for the help joecar, i tried the following, and could not convert .tun files to .ctz files. All my files are .tun files, and it says they must me .ctd files to be converted. The only file i have now is the stock tcm tune which is a .ctz file. Perhaps i am flashing incorrectly. I load the diesel tunes into v8 as .tun files and flash the calibration that way. Should i be flashing from v7.5? I just felt the v8 was a nicer way to do it.
    knowledge is horsepower.

If it says they should be .ctd then you have the wrong/older version of the software/firmware...

please update to V7 build 211 and V8 build 203, flash bootblock 2.07.04 (if not already flashed) and flash firmware 2.07.035...

after flashing the firmware you have to go thru this all over again (start at Configure BBx for your ECM): Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch

[ you may be able to skip re-formatting the SD Card if you did not delete any ECMs from BBx ]

You should be flashing from V8 or V2.

I re checked the firmware, i do have boot block 2.07.04 dec 12,2011 and firmware 2.07.35 june 22 2012. build 203. and build 211 v7.5. So i clicked check for updates, none available. I don't generally have any problems with computers like this. Anything else i could try?
    knowledge is horsepower.

I just noticed i can save my v7 tunes as.tun or .ctz when i save them. Any benefit in saving them as v8 tune files? Possible this could resolve my logging issue? Sorry, im quite green to efilive.
    knowledge is horsepower.

Saving a tune as .ctz allows you to copy it to your V2 for BBx flashing into your ECM.