Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
I apologize for butting in. I understand newer users looking for a complete package that does or explains EVERYTHING. These "things" we buy are just TOOLS to help us do something that multitudes of OEM engineers have put together. It's hard but us engines builders and tuners know, we are never finished learning and improving
I guess no one is getting the point. I am saying that the threads, whether Gas: GenIII or GenIV or E38. New users cannot relate to these threads because they reference out -of-date parameters. In-Tech you did butt in...I'm not saying I/we want a "be all/do all", maybe a cross reference of out dated parameters or use descriptions more. Problem is, EFILive not only renamed/deleted parameters, the names were changed making it impossible to learn how to manipulate tables from old references. When explaining issues it feels to me the explanations are like they are talking to someone with experience that understands the lingo. Even the tutorials reference parameters no longer used. Yes, I'm on a rant because I'm frustrated with the learning curve/process. Based on responses I feel sometimes responders don't get my question. I can handle "there is no cross reference", "there is no way to interpolate was is explained if you did not come in using the previous software. Blacky...I appreciate your response but am I expected to ask about matching parameters every time the parameters don't match the current software. I really want to learn but reading tutorial that do not relate to current parameters is unproductive. I wasn't trying to use LS1B VE but trying to learn a bout VE virtual tables. The VVE tutorial is good but is vague in places. Especially when saying to makes changes without saying why. Without a why I do not understand the repercussions of the change.
I wish there were some tuners close to Tallahassee, FL that I could get an EFILive training session or even had a dyno. I've only been doing this for 6mo, so I'll keep reading and logging when I can. Maybe it'll sink in on day.