Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VE table done now what.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b5914.JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	257.3 KB 
ID:	13941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b3647.JPG 
Views:	285 
Size:	241.2 KB 
ID:	13942Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B3801.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	13943Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b4205.JPG 
Views:	262 
Size:	148.8 KB 
ID:	13944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B5913.JPG 
Views:	282 
Size:	260.8 KB 
ID:	13945

okay you say look at auto ve but i clearly say's if using cos not to do this. so with Cos in never say do this for Closed Loop, Speed Density so what do I do?

Return the PCM to Closed Loop, Speed Density
    Do not perform this section if you are using an EFILive custom operating system, V3 (i.e. 2/3 bar support) or later.
    1. Start the EFILive Tuning Tool software and open the Original Tune.tun file.
    2. Open calibration {C2901} “MAF High Frequency Fail 1" Set it to 1 Hz.
    3. Open calibration {C2902} “MAF High Frequency Fail 2" Set it to 1 Hz. If calibration {C2902} is not available in the operating system that you are using, then ignore this step.
    4. Open calibration {C2903} “MAF High Frequency Fail Limit" Set it to 1.
    5. Open calibration {C6002} " Engine DTC MIL Enablers" Set P0101, P0102, and P0103 to No MIL.
    6. Select menu option File->Load alternate calibration for comparison and select SDAutoVE_0000.tun.
    7. Select menu option File->Display calibration difference summary and locate the {B0101} “Main VE table” calibration in the list. Click the link to highlight calibration {B0101}. Then, click the Update button at the bottom right of the screen to copy the data from the alternate calibration to the primary calibration.
    If the {B0101} calibration is not displayed in the calibration difference summary window, then there is no difference between the primary and alternate {B0101} data. That can mean either your VE table was extremely accurate to begin with, or the AutoVE tuning process has not been competed correctly.
    8. If you are tuning a 1997 - 2000 operating system, repeat step 5 for the {B0103} “Backup VE Table”.
    9. Open calibration {B5913} "Spark High-Octane Table" Select all cells by clicking in the extreme top-left, grey cell. Right click on any cell and select Copy (Ctrl+C) Open calibration {B5914} "Spark Low-Octane Table" Right click in the top left cell and select Paste->Paste (Ctrl+V)
    If you upgrade your PCM to EFILive’s Speed Density custom operating system, step 9 is not required. EFILive’s Speed Density operating system restored dual spark map and full adaptive spark control when running MAF-less.
    10. Save your tune as My Documents\EFIlive\V7\Bins\Original Tune_0000.tun
    11. Perform a calibration only reflash of Original Tune_0000.Tun into your PCM.

could you just highlight the parts i can and can not do? thanks.

In B3647 I would copy the 3600 rpm 80-100kPa values to the cells below 3600 rpm (same columns), and I would set PE B3618 to the same as the last column of B3647.

Quote Originally Posted by lstruck View Post
    okay you say look at auto ve but i clearly say's if using cos not to do this. so with Cos in never say do this for Closed Loop, Speed Density so what do I do?

Return the PCM to Closed Loop, Speed Density
    Do not perform this section if you are using an EFILive custom operating system, V3 (i.e. 2/3 bar support) or later.
    1. Start the EFILive Tuning Tool software and open the Original Tune.tun file.
    2. Open calibration {C2901} “MAF High Frequency Fail 1" Set it to 1 Hz.
    3. Open calibration {C2902} “MAF High Frequency Fail 2" Set it to 1 Hz. If calibration {C2902} is not available in the operating system that you are using, then ignore this step.
    4. Open calibration {C2903} “MAF High Frequency Fail Limit" Set it to 1.
    5. Open calibration {C6002} " Engine DTC MIL Enablers" Set P0101, P0102, and P0103 to No MIL.
    6. Select menu option File->Load alternate calibration for comparison and select SDAutoVE_0000.tun.
    7. Select menu option File->Display calibration difference summary and locate the {B0101} “Main VE table” calibration in the list. Click the link to highlight calibration {B0101}. Then, click the Update button at the bottom right of the screen to copy the data from the alternate calibration to the primary calibration.
    If the {B0101} calibration is not displayed in the calibration difference summary window, then there is no difference between the primary and alternate {B0101} data. That can mean either your VE table was extremely accurate to begin with, or the AutoVE tuning process has not been competed correctly.
    8. If you are tuning a 1997 - 2000 operating system, repeat step 5 for the {B0103} “Backup VE Table”.
    9. Open calibration {B5913} "Spark High-Octane Table" Select all cells by clicking in the extreme top-left, grey cell. Right click on any cell and select Copy (Ctrl+C) Open calibration {B5914} "Spark Low-Octane Table" Right click in the top left cell and select Paste->Paste (Ctrl+V)
    If you upgrade your PCM to EFILive’s Speed Density custom operating system, step 9 is not required. EFILive’s Speed Density operating system restored dual spark map and full adaptive spark control when running MAF-less.
    10. Save your tune as My Documents\EFIlive\V7\Bins\Original Tune_0000.tun
    11. Perform a calibration only reflash of Original Tune_0000.Tun into your PCM.

could you just highlight the parts i can and can not do? thanks.
    You can do that in the COS (except step 9 as noted)... what all that does is sets you running in CLSD (it has you starting from the first tune file before doing AutoVE which in your case would be a COS file).

Another question is it possible to use map max it out but at that point then go clsd/olsd on a COS

SD (CLSD, OLSD) require a functioning non-maxed out MAP value...

you should be running a 2-bar or 3-bar MAP sensor (my understanding is the Cobalt SS MAP sensor fits/works)... you will have to edit the MAP scaler parameters.

I've already got the 2 bar map installed and did the ve for it but i was just wondering if i could run the maf in conjunction.

Yes, you can run the MAF if you're engine airflow is not going to max it out (the LS1 PCM limit is 512 g/s).

The COS does not restrict you to run MAF-less or OL...

With or without COS you can run any one of these that you choose:
    - OLSD
    - CLSD
    - OLMAF
    - CLMAF

can you see the difference between those...?

sorry for all the questions. So could I run CLMAF max out pcm maf when it reaches 512 then default to clsd or does it not work that way I have to run one or the other if so then just tell me how to do that part.

No worries...

When the MAF maxes out on the PCM, the PCM uses the last value (512 g/s)...

so as a test/experiment you could run CLMAF and see if the MAF is ever maxed out... if it is then you can switch to CLSD and then always run it in CLSD.

To run CLMAF, you set the MAF fail parameters and O2/trim parameters/tables back to stock.

To tun CLSD you set the MAF fail parameters to fail the MAF (make sure that a MAF DTC trips).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast