Thread: not so sure i was sent the correct v2 flash scan...

Default not so sure i was sent the correct v2 flash scan...

hello there,

i just received my v2 flash scan for my 06 cummins 5.9 and cant get it to call up my factory calibrations. i am trying to find the correct PCM name on the drop down list. all i see is GM items.... do i not have the correct software downloaded?

here is the list of what i show:

e40 geniV ECM
    E38 GEN IV; V6 ECM
    E67 GEN IV V8; L4 ECM
    E78 V8; L4 ECM
    E39 V6; L4 SIDI ECM
    E37 V6 L4 ECM
    E83 L4 ECM
    E40 GEN IV ECM
    LS1A GEN III 97-98 PCM
    LS1B GEN III 99-08 PCM
    04-07 LM7 V8 HYBRID
    E54 LB7 DURAMAX ECM
    E60 LLY DURAMAX ECM
    E35A LBZ DURAMAX ECM
    E35B LMM DURAMAX ECM
    P10 INLINE 6 PCM
    P12 ATLAS ENGINE I4; I5; 56; PCM
    L31 VORTEC 98-00 PCM
    P08 1998-02 4 CYLINDER PCM
    P11 2002+ 4 CYLINDER PCM
    T42 4SPD TCM
    T43 6SPD TCM
    AL5 ALLISON 5 SPEED
    AL40 ALLISON 6 SPEED
    AL50 ALLISON 2009+ 6 SPEED TCM

none of these work on my truck and i am at a stand still. my tuner wants me to send him a copy of my stock tune to look at before i go in.

which if any do i select for my 06 cummins? and do i have the correct SW installed?

thanks in advance

Lifetime Member

There are 2 different sorts of software with EFILive. It appears you are using our V7 software, which you will need for editing Cummins files, but to read and flash you need to use our V8 software. V8 software can be downloaded from here http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133

Once installed, open the V8 Scan and Tune, and you'll find the following controllers under the Tune Icon

If this is your first experience with EFILive and a Cummins vehicle, you may find the Cummins Quick start guide useful. To access this guide click on your windows start menu and navigate through Program Files>EFILive>V8>Documents and you'll find the PDF document there.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    There are 2 different sorts of software with EFILive. It appears you are using our V7 software, which you will need for editing Cummins files, but to read and flash you need to use our V8 software. V8 software can be downloaded from here http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133

Once installed, open the V8 Scan and Tune, and you'll find the following controllers under the Tune Icon

If this is your first experience with EFILive and a Cummins vehicle, you may find the Cummins Quick start guide useful. To access this guide click on your windows start menu and navigate through Program Files>EFILive>V8>Documents and you'll find the PDF document there.

Cheers
    Cindy

Hi Cindy,

thank you for the quick reply. yes i am very new to EFI and i have gone through the quick start and followed it to the T. i will study it again and try out V8.

thanks so much for the support

- Jimmy

Look at the box your V2 was shipped in. It should have a sticker on it that says it is for a cummins.
    Mine says FS2-GM, which I'm guessing means it's for a chevy or GM vehicle. if it says this you may want to contact your distributor and check to make sure they sent you the right V2.