Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help, new to EFI live

Default Help, new to EFI live

I hope this is the right place to post this thread. I recently purchased an 05 LLY truck. It has efi live dsp5. I have a loss of power issue, no matter what level I'm in. I use my insight to check the codes, but there are none, but when I clear codes my power is restored for awhile and then reverts back to low power and no codes. I got the EFI live tune file from the origional owner but it won't open in V7, it's just sits there initializing, but I can open it in V8 but of course I can't do any reading or editing. So I thought I would try to read and copy from the PCM but it only downloads 72k with V7, I tried reading the PCM with V8 but after a minute and 11 seconds it gives me error script exited with code $0101: no data recieved. I used high speed, low speed, alt keys, no alt keys, pulled radio and info fuses and the same thing every time, one time it got to 740k but then it froze again. I have no aftermarket accessories in this truck. I am new to EFI live and have been reading and reading forums to help me out, but I am stuck. Also, the tune is suppose to be 200hp, tow tune, 60hp and 80hp, but even after I clear my ghost code, the 200hp does not feel like 200hp. Can some one please help? I'm at a loss. I have attatched my tune to this thread, I hope it works. Any help would be great, thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What V7 and V8 software build versions...?

Version 8.2.1 and version 7.5, I did check for the latest updates before trying to read and it said I had the latest versions.

What are the build numbers...?

(I'm expecting to see V7 build 211 and V8 build 203)

They are build numbers V7.5.7 build 211 and V8.2.1 build 203

This actually almost sounds like a fuel issue, not a tuning issue. Go over to duramaxforum.com and post this problem. I'm a member there also under the same user name. There are plenty of helpful people there that can point you in the right direction.
    One quesition, when you bought the truck, did you get an auto-cal or V2 with it?
    You should try doing some data logging to see if maybe your draining your fuel rail and getting a fuel limp.
    Also when flashing or reading your tune try also pulling the radio amp fuse, and if you have on-star pull the fuse for that.
    Last edited by racerx004; September 8th, 2012 at 05:10 AM.

I just played around with the file you uploaded and figured out how to open it in v7.5.
    Open the file in v8 then at the bottom where it says save there is a little arrow to the right. Click on that then choose save as and resave the file as a .ctz file, you can alos rename it if you want so you don't get confused between the old and new file.
    Then you should be able to read and edit the tune file in v7.5
    Let us know if this works for you.

I also believe you have a fuel pressure issue. FPRV and CP3 pressure drop issues pop up more in the warm weather. Change your fuel filter first, if still occuring, log Act Fuel Rail Pressure when you duplicate the condition.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Thanks killerbee, that worked for opening and editing the file, as for the fuel issue, I have replaced the filter twice already, but that did not seem to fix it. If I pull my 9000lb trailer, power will reduce when climbing a hill, but as soon as I clear the "ghost code" all power returns and it pulls awesome. I cant seem to connect to the truck still. It starts to and then after about 1 1/2 minutes it just freezes. I have pulled the info and radio fuses, but it still does the same thing, I'll keep trying.

Sorry, thanks racerx004 showing me how to open the file in V7.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast