Thread: Cam position retard procedure. getting error p1345

Lifetime Member

Default Cam position retard procedure. getting error p1345

I am getting a p1345 cam/crank sensor correlation error. When I monitor data my 'CMPRET' is showing 108*! If I turn the distributor clockwise the number comes down but I start backfiring like crazy when it gets to around 60*. How am I ever supposed to get it to +/- 2* of 0*? Rotor is pointed to number 8 on dist., timing dots are perfectly lined up when i put engine together and all of this when engine is at TDC on comp stroke of #1.

BTW, engine seems to idle and run great. But I have a feeling it could be better plus I need to get rid of the error code.

Please throw some ideas at me.

Thanks, guys

Lifetime Member

Are you possibly running a V6 distributor on a V8 engine or vice/versa? They are NOT the same. The indexing for the rotor is clocked differently. If the answer is no, then try moving the dist. back one tooth.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lextech View Post
    Are you possibly running a V6 distributor on a V8 engine or vice/versa? They are NOT the same. The indexing for the rotor is clocked differently. If the answer is no, then try moving the dist. back one tooth.

Jeff
    I forgot to update this. This was my problem. I did notice they were different a few days ago when staring at them side by side. I figured they were the same since they had the '6' and '8' markings on them.

And yes, this fixed my problem.