Thread: Why there are no updated files in holden crazy ?

Default Why there are no updated files in holden crazy ?

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this
    I want to know why there are no updated file in holden crazy ?
    I think its a very useful and good to post any new supported file in this site
    many times a customer come with a bad tune i need the stock file with the same OS but usually i could not find it so i try to copy and paste from another file
    EFILive Tuner

Lifetime Member

Long and short of it, is people need to submit their files for them to be hosted. If they aren't submitted, there is nothing to host.

Cheers
    Cindy

why not to send the files by efilive team as soon as the OS is supported by efilive
    EFILive Tuner

They have a LOT more to do that we cannot do to be doing secondary stuff that we can. Just about anyone can pull a file out of any vehicle. What do you need?
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Lifetime Member

They are not ours to send. They belong to the customer who sent them. It's their property and their decision to add them to a public library which is not owned or operated by EFILive. It is definitely not the responsibility of the staff of EFILive.

I should add, when we've read the tune files from our personal vehicles, they have been submitted to www.tunefiledepot.com and when the site owner verified them, they were posted...have you submitted yours?

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    why not to send the files by efilive team as soon as the OS is supported by efilive
    It doesn't quite work like that. Lets say there is an E38 OS like 12619078, it's used on Holden's, Silverado's, maybe other vehicles too. If an OS is not supported by EFILive then we map that OS and the next update 'everyone' can then tune any vehicle running that OS. If the file was sent in from a Holden, then chances are I will never see it from any other model once support is added as there would be no need for any further tunes to be sent in to EFILive. Most of the OS's I only have one or two (at most) files for because of this reason. The tuners out there would have a far great library of stock tunes that what EFILive would.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    I don't know if this is the correct place to post this
    I want to know why there are no updated file in holden crazy ?
    I think its a very useful and good to post any new supported file in this site
    many times a customer come with a bad tune i need the stock file with the same OS but usually i could not find it so i try to copy and paste from another file
    A good stock tune file library just comes with time. The tune depot is a great site but its seperate from EFI Live. When alot of started there werent any tune data bases so we had to build our libraies ove time. We also have our own way of sorting and oranizing them. Im sure I have tunes that are not on the depot but it would take me days to go through my tunes and then the ones on the site to see if I have new ones. Also alot of us have our network of people to share tunes with and use the site or forums as alast resort. I cant speak for everyone but thats my guess why it doesnt get updated alot.