Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Immediate help needed. Checksum failed: $0548

Default Immediate help needed. Checksum failed: $0548

Hey guys. New to the forum but have been going back and forth with Les from Silver Bullet Tuning about tuning my dad's '06 Megacab. Well, initially, it was tuned with a Smarty Jr. Due to that, the ECM was "locked" and wouldn't allow a reading. As suggested by Les, we tried a full flash with a stock tune that he sent me. That was unsuccessful. We then tried another tune from Tune File Depot. Same results. We tried flashing both tunes more than once.

We are now stuck with a disabled vehicle and need it in 2 days! The V2's bootblock and firmware are up-to-date according to the control panel as well as the latest V7.5 and V8 software.

HELP!
    Last edited by 06 Mega 5.9; September 29th, 2012 at 04:57 AM.
    2006 Cummins MegaCab
    - Built 48RE; Billet BD flexplate, ATS billet input shaft, ATS valve body ATS conv. & Co-Pilot wired like a Commander -
    - XDP sump - Airdog II 165 - CFM+ intake - BD exhaust manifold - Edge Insight CTS -

Les brought it to my attention that the files need to be in the ".ctz" format rather than ".ctd." The file that Les sent me was a ".ctd" but the other I got from Tune File Depot is in the ".ctz" format and that tune didn't flash either.
    2006 Cummins MegaCab
    - Built 48RE; Billet BD flexplate, ATS billet input shaft, ATS valve body ATS conv. & Co-Pilot wired like a Commander -
    - XDP sump - Airdog II 165 - CFM+ intake - BD exhaust manifold - Edge Insight CTS -

Make sure your V2 is formatted and programmed for the CMB849 ECM. Plug V2 to computer, open Scan and tune V8, click BBx tab, click on the red arrow down tab, format config file, then click on the scan tab and tune tab, select the above ECM, then under the same red arrow down tab, program all files (slower.) All this pertains to flashing standalone. You didn't specify if you were attempting to flash standalone or pass thru.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

I'm trying to flash pass-through. No tunes yet besides the stock tunes from Tune File Depot.
    2006 Cummins MegaCab

Default Re: Immediate help needed. Checksum failed: $0548

You tried flashing the stock file back in I'm assuming. You may have to disable checksums in the tune. Not recommended but I had to do that once before for it to flash back in.

Unforunately, it's not the stock tune that's original to the truck but yes, trying to flash a stock tune. Due to the fact that we had a Smarty Jr. on it before, the stock tune became "locked" in other words. We're now trying to flash a known good stock tune into the ECM, correct the VIN, re-flash, then read the calibration and send it to Les for tuning. I tried disabling the checksums on one of the files. Every attempt I've made yields the same results.
    2006 Cummins MegaCab

You sure truck was returned to stock? Also you can change the VIN in a ctz. tune, you no longer need to use scan tool.

Returned to stock with the Smarty Jr. and that's what caused the ECM to "lock" and not allow us to read it or copy the stock tune. I noticed the VIN can be changed in the V7.5 Tune Tool, if that's what you're referring to. I tried changing that in the stock tunes I got from Les and Tune File Depot prior to flashing just to see if that would change things, yet still, same results. We're going to call Cindy tomorrow afternoon (should be Monday morning around 9 for them) and see if she can get us pointed in the right direction. I'd like to think the ECM is recoverable. We've done nothing outside of what Les has told us as well as the tutorial .pdf files in the V8 software. I haven't done anything with EFI Live prior to this and certainly am not comfortable going on a trial and error spree thinking I can learn on my own. I've been very by-the-books with it.
    2006 Cummins MegaCab

Default Re: Immediate help needed. Checksum failed: $0548

O think you need a trip to the dealer. Get a fresh file before your ecm becomes a doorstop if it already hasn't

Anti-theft disabled or enabled? I know that has proven to be a hinderance in the past. Just not sure which way to go with it.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast