Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Immediate help needed. Checksum failed: $0548

I was going to ask if the Smarty could have been reloaded on the ECM just to get the truck going but since the EDGE Insight OBD II monitor was not working I suspect that the ECM was completed dead or bricked.

Got the beast back and running with a new ECM and for only the cost of a deductible of $100.

Boy does it rattle a lot! I'm sure a tune will change that.

Let's hope we have no future issues when pulling the stock tune and flashing it with a tune from Les!
    2006 Cummins MegaCab
    - Built 48RE; Billet BD flexplate, ATS billet input shaft, ATS valve body ATS conv. & Co-Pilot wired like a Commander -
    - XDP sump - Airdog II 165 - CFM+ intake - BD exhaust manifold - Edge Insight CTS -

Default Immediate help needed. Checksum failed: $0548

Happy to here ur back on the road. You should have great success with Les tune

Certainly glad to have it back up and running. However, we are now getting 2 DTC's. One of them being P1755 having to do with the throttle valve actuator on the trans and the other, I can't remember the code, but the best of my memory as of now, says fuel delivery something or other. They clear but immediately come back. Also, this thing has a terrible rattle. More so than with the original ECM. Timing or pilot injection in the latest factory tune? We're putting the issue in the dealer's hands because, frankly, we didn't have these codes prior to getting the new ECM. Of course, they wanna try and point fingers at the Co-Pilot or any other aftermarket part on the truck but we know and they know, the parts we have aren't the cause. The Co-Pilot is only reading a signal from the ECM, not modifying any parameters or values. The good thing is, we've been dealing with a service advisor who personally doesn't care about aftermarket parts and is more than happy to work with you if you tell him about such parts ahead of time. It's Chrysler who is cracking down. Anyhow, can anyone elaborate on these codes and help us understand what is going on? I'll get the code number tomorrow if it'll help.
    2006 Cummins MegaCab
    - Built 48RE; Billet BD flexplate, ATS billet input shaft, ATS valve body ATS conv. & Co-Pilot wired like a Commander -
    - XDP sump - Airdog II 165 - CFM+ intake - BD exhaust manifold - Edge Insight CTS -

Did you pull a copy of the new flash from the dealer with your EFI LIVE v2. If so can upload and post the file so it can be looked over. Just the factory full flash from dealer

Quote Originally Posted by 06 Mega 5.9 View Post
    Got the beast back and running with a new ECM and for only the cost of a deductible of $100.
    A new ECM for $100, I'll take 10.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by 06redram View Post
    Did you pull a copy of the new flash from the dealer with your EFI LIVE v2. If so can upload and post the file so it can be looked over. Just the factory full flash from dealer
    I'll see what I can do to pull a copy of the stock tune. We also go a soft (stored) code of P0148 - Fuel Delivery Error. What little research I've done points to a few different sensors or valves. The FCA or COV in the CP3, the pressure sensor in the rail or the rail's pressure relief valve. What was also mentioned was actual rail pressure is not meeting the demanded pressure. Is it possible they failed along with the original ECM? We never had any codes prior to the new ECM.
    2006 Cummins MegaCab

That code is from high return rates on the injectors...it's a new feature of that OS you got.

Send me the file and ill rewrite it to a OS that doesn't have that issue.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

So that would become the new stock tune to flash in, correct?
    2006 Cummins MegaCab

Yes..but this time no ECM crash
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast