Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Setting up a FSV2 from scratch...

Starting from scratch as my laptop is down again, just going to use BBX and my desktop now hopefully. I previously had no efianything on my desktop so I downloaded everything last night, then setup my v2 per this thread, updated bootblock and firmware etc. Went out this morning and read my current tune, it said it saved and I have view the file name on my v2 still but I can't open or transfer it to my desktop in any way. I took the SD card out and my pc doesn't even recognize that there is a card in the slot. Its worth noting that the V2 wouldn't read my tune until I went to Options> Filesystem> Format filesystem. Then it read it and said saved and listed the filename. I thought everything at the beginning of this thread would have that covered..? Where might I have gone wrong and/or which efi program is supposed to read files from the v2?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Use Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive Explorer to transfer files to/from FlashScan.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Copying files to/from V2:

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    First, from the V7 tunetool, save your .tun files as .ctz

Then copy those .ctz files to your V2:
    - start V8 EFILive Explorer (EE),

- goto Data Files tab,
    - click Home,
    - upper pane (PC): locate the .ctz files,
    - lower pane (V2): go into the Tune folder,
    - copy/paste/drag the .ctz files from the upper pane (PC) to the lower pane (V2),
    - exit EE.
    to copy logs from V2 to PC is the copy/paste from lower pane (V2) to upper pane (PC).

Install the latest V7/V8 software builds, check here for the latest: Software-Updates-and-Installation-Help

- goto F8:Tools,
    - in the upper box browse to your .tun files, and click Convert Now,
    By this, what files do you mean? All of the above files that you just saved? (Settings.dat, Options.txt)
    Last edited by joecar; May 6th, 2014 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lmn8636 View Post
    Install the latest V7/V8 software builds, check here for the latest: Software-Updates-and-Installation-Help

- goto F8:Tools,
    - in the upper box browse to your .tun files, and click Convert Now,
    By this, what files do you mean? All of the above files that you just saved? (Settings.dat, Options.txt)
    No... this is to convert your .tun files to .ctz files

( the BBF feature requires filenames to end in .ctz and to be no more than 16 characters in length )
    Last edited by joecar; May 6th, 2014 at 11:50 AM.

Posts #1-4 above have been updated.

Default Newer V8 allows semiautomated BBL config update...

After you've done post #1 above least once, the newer V8 interface will show you what requires updating regarding BBX, you just tell it to proceed.

I was directed here from this thread:

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...not+compatible

Which is asking about the error message that says: "The FlashScan/AutoCal interface is not compatible with this version of EFILive software" joecar responded to that thread and said that question was addressed in this thread, but reading through this thread I don't see this error message mentioned anywhere.

I'm using the same FlashScan V2 and the same software I've been using. Why did it suddenly stop working?

the version I'm using is V7.5.7 (Build 180)

-Jeremy
    Last edited by irwinr; July 20th, 2014 at 10:49 AM. Reason: adding version number

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irwinr View Post
    I was directed here from this thread:

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...not+compatible

Which is asking about the error message that says: "The FlashScan/AutoCal interface is not compatible with this version of EFILive software" joecar responded to that thread and said that question was addressed in this thread, but reading through this thread I don't see this error message mentioned anywhere.

I'm using the same FlashScan V2 and the same software I've been using. Why did it suddenly stop working?

the version I'm using is V7.5.7 (Build 180)

-Jeremy
    That message will be displayed when the firmware version in the FlashScan device is not compatible with the V7.5 software that is installed on your PC. Either youupdated the firmware, or updated the software but not both. To get everything operational, you need to download and install the latest V7.5 and V8 software from here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

After installing you should run the options:
    Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Check for Updates
    and
    Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Check for Updates
    to ensure you get the latest updates.

Then once, the V8 software is installed (and fully updated), run the V8 EFILive_ScanAndTune software and click on the [Check Firmware] button on the main screen. That will update your V2 firmware so that it is compatible with the latest V7.5 software (that you shoudl have also installed and updated).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Is this old thread that Joecar wrote still compatable with latest updates that have .ctz files as normal.
    I tried to set this up, and noticed quite a few differences.
    i want to log some of the e38 t43 pids that arent in V7.5 such as TUTD
    I did get a warning once about large SD cards can be a problem, and i am using the smallest one I could find these days which is 8gb....
    Is this a problem???
    When I tried to log with BBL I got a checksum error
    I dont get/understand a few things with the BBL..... is there a tutorial that explains what can be done with the V2, and why you would use it and benefits to log with it rather than scan tool???
    I must admit, I get a little nervous when making changes to my system, as the last thing you want is a disaster, especially when you have tunes to do the next day, and so I get a little reluctant to fix things that aint broke, even when it comes to updates..... am I alone in this field???
    I really appreciate the work and time, that goes into threads like this one from Joecar, and others that make up this great forum, which I have learnt so much from.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast