Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Setting up a FSV2 from scratch...

Yes, compatible with .ctz, see posts #1 and #2.

As indicated in post #1, goto F5: BBX, and create one or more pidlists for your ECM/TCM.

What is your V8 software build version...?
    What is your V2 firmware version...?

You can log with V2 only (Black Box Logging, BBL) so you don't have to bring your laptop with you in your vehicle.
    With V2 you can also read from PCM and write to PCM without needing a laptop (you do a laptop to edit a tune).

Quote Originally Posted by Hooter View Post

I must admit, I get a little nervous when making changes to my system, as the last thing you want is a disaster, especially when you have tunes to do the next day, and so I get a little reluctant to fix things that aint broke, even when it comes to updates..... am I alone in this field???
    You're not alone...

The idea is to schedule updates to V7/V8 software and V2 firmware so that you can have a few days leeway in case something goes wrong... generally when something goes wrong it gets sorted out fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooter View Post

i want to log some of the e38 t43 pids that arent in V7.5 such as TUTD
    I did get a warning once about large SD cards can be a problem, and i am using the smallest one I could find these days which is 8gb....
    Is this a problem???
    When I tried to log with BBL I got a checksum error
    Do you see the checksum error when logging from E38 or T43...?

What firmware version is your V2 at...?

Hey Joe, My V8 is V8.2.2.262
    and V2 is 2.07.07
    I did make a PID list, but I may have done that wrong, as I called it T43play and then selected both the e38 and t43 controllers????
    Anyway everything else seemed ok, but couldnt find a couple of PIDs that I usually use in V7,5 Dynamic cyl air for one....

The error code when I hook up V2 alone once I have selected evrything like you say and then start id $0185
    Cheers

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

You can look up error code here: Start->All Programs->EFILive-V8->Documents->EFILive Error Codes

$0185 F_ERR_NOTFOUND A file or folder was not found.
    You may need to copy a required file to FlashScan or AutoCal using EFILive_Explorer.
    Or you may need to format the target file system, see description for error $0182 above.

If you're getting checksum errors when data logging, it may be that the SD Card is failing or FlashScan is having trouble communicating with it correctly. Which could also explain the $0185 errors.
    Try using EFILive Explorer to copy 10 ro 20 *.ctz files onto the card. If they all copy onto the card without error then there is likely nothing seriously wrong with the card or with FlashScan's ability to communicate with it.

The purpose of BBL (Black Box Logging) is to allow you to collect data logs without having to drag your laptop out to the vehicle.

Some PIDs were renamed when moving from V7.5 to V8. A list of renamed PIDs can be found in the file \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\sae_generic.txt
    Open that file with Notepad and search for the section *BBLV7 it lists the renamed PIDs in that section.
    Plus all _DMA PIDs have been renamed to just _M in V8, so E38.APCYL_DMA becomes just APCYL_M.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Default Displaying Wideband Serial Comms Data on your V2 LCD

Connect V2 to vehicle OBD-II port (V2 should power on).

Connect V2 to wideband serial port (using null modem cable/adapter).

From V2 LCD/keypad do: F1 Scan Tool -> F2 Data Logging -> F3 Display WO2

You will have to first configure your V2 to read the serial comms from your wideband, do this:
    1. F4 Options
    2. F1 Setup
    3. F1 Edit Settings
    4. set Ser Pids to Yes.
    5. set COM port to Wide-O2
    6. set WO2 Type to <choose your wideband>.
    7. for the ECM (e.g. AFR1500) wideband, also set the Id # for each bank.
    8. press the Cancel button multiple times to back out of the menu tree.
    Last edited by joecar; May 8th, 2016 at 05:56 AM.

Hi I'm new here, just doing a lot of reading before I buy the required equipment (still trying to work out what I need), to learn to tune my LS3 Redline.
    Joe, when you say "connect V2 to wideband serial port" are you referring to connecting to an LM2 with a null modem adaptor?

I am trying to figure out what I need to buy; V2 with GM licence and LM2 dual kit from innovate. Any help appreciated and sorry to hijack.

Quote Originally Posted by dgp View Post
    Hi I'm new here, just doing a lot of reading before I buy the required equipment (still trying to work out what I need), to learn to tune my LS3 Redline.
    Joe, when you say "connect V2 to wideband serial port" are you referring to connecting to an LM2 with a null modem adaptor?

I am trying to figure out what I need to buy; V2 with GM licence and LM2 dual kit from innovate. Any help appreciated and sorry to hijack.
    Yes, correct, using a null modem adapter or a serial cable configured to do the null modem function (i.e. Tx and Rx signals crossed/swapped).

Ok thanks

I have configured for BB saved pid list, saved tune, updated everything, refreshed, and manually moved options.txt just in case, also programmed all. I'm still receiving no folder error, I can tune, and display PIDs but can't not log. Any idea why I still receive 0185 error code?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast