Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking Advice on tuning a heavily modified 4L60E

D0701,2,3: by 395 ftlb, you want to be above 60 psi, maybe even above 80 psi (these indirectly control line pressure during a shift).

D0801,2,3: use these to adjust shift feel (i.e. using engine torque reduction rather than line pressure reduction).

Install 300 psi gauge at the tap on the side of the case so it can be observed while driving...

observe pressure while driving...

at WOT it has to be somewhere around 180-220 psi depending on the trans build...

if it's below that then you have to address this (VE/MAF tables and physically inside trans).

Quote Originally Posted by HellKnightHicks View Post
    The only complaint that i have at this point is the 2-3 shift. It feels as though it stiff like i like it at low rpm but more mild with more throttle.

What can i do to make the 2-3 shifts more consistent?
    You have a bunch of Torque reduction enabled on the 2>3 shift, whereas it's zero'd out on 1>2 & 3>4.
    This will make a big difference to the feel of the shift.

Lifetime Member HellKnightHicks's Avatar

in your tune file, set PE B3618 to enable easier (e.g. compare with stock 2002 Camaro);
    -Copied Tables from Stock 2002 Camaro

set PE Delay Counter B3609 to zeros;
    Zeroed out

may want to set Max Allowed Engine Torque B1901 to some higher value.
    set to 640

since you have failed the MAF, set P0101,2,3 to either of A:1-Trip or C:Non-Emissions in C6001.
    Done

D1207: lower this a little (compare D1206, D1207 with stock 2002 Camaro).
    Matched Stock Camaro Tune

D0703: looks wrong (should have no zero flat line, should look similar to D0701, D0702).
    Looked at the stock Camaro tune an and in performance mode it commands 90 accross the board.. I wanted the 3->4 shift to be more noticable and uppded the lower half of the table. If this is incorrect please advise and i will adjust it.

D1101,2,3: I agree with Taz, zero these.
    Previously done

D1108,9,10: set these to 0.2s all across.
    Done,Done,Done

D0960,1,2: set these to all 100%.
    Done,Done,Done

D0701,2,3: by 395 ftlb, you want to be above 60 psi, maybe even above 80 psi (these indirectly control line pressure during a shift).
    Upped Entire tables by % to reach midlle of 60~80 PSI range as described for each table

D0801,2,3: use these to adjust shift feel (i.e. using engine torque reduction rather than line pressure reduction).
    Copied and reduced tables from Camaro Tune for each of the listed tables.. Reduced by approximation of 15%
    Did not make adjustments to D0803 Waiting for response to erlyer statment above

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Install 300 psi gauge at the tap on the side of the case so it can be observed while driving...

observe pressure while driving...

at WOT it has to be somewhere around 180-220 psi depending on the trans build...

if it's below that then you have to address this (VE/MAF tables and physically inside trans).
    Where is the tap? I dunno anything about that. anyone have a photo?

Thanks for all of the help... Ill drive it with the recommended adjustments and see how i like it and then adjust the TM per your recommendations

I didnt really want to re-enable TM but it does make more sense to mess with the shift firmness that way than it does to much with the line pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by HellKnightHicks View Post
    D0703: looks wrong (should have no zero flat line, should look similar to D0701, D0702).
    Looked at the stock Camaro tune an and in performance mode it commands 90 accross the board.. I wanted the 3->4 shift to be more noticable and uppded the lower half of the table. If this is incorrect please advise and i will adjust it.
    You may have been looking at a Camaro manual trans file (pressure tables set to 90 psi).

Where is the tap? I dunno anything about that. anyone have a photo?
    It's on the left side of the case, approx in the middle of the vertical/round surface above the shift lever.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    ... You may have been looking at a Camaro manual trans file (pressure tables set to 90 psi) ...
    Hi Joe,

I had made some comments via PM that are not yet in this thread. For competition use I had suggested D0703 (3>4) could be flat lined (or have a very steep curve) to 96 PSI - in all, or virtually all, cells.

Many A4 T42 controllers are set to 90 PSI in all cells for the 3>4 shift by the OEM.

Cheers,
    Taz

Hi Taz,

Ah, I see.

Cheers.

The PE seems to have made a difference.

Im going to have to mess with TQ management but these changes seem to have made some positive changes on the transmission... It feels more solid.

Something that I notice is that alot of times the engine seems to bog down during a gear change the come out of it about half a second latter. Is that normal? Ive never noticed that before. At wide open throttle or heavy throttle it doesnt seem to do that.

Any way thanks for all of the information and sugested changes.

Did some driving... Its really firmed up the tranny almost too firm at points... Adding in some TM as needed

Oh yea one other thing i forgot to mention is that I'm running royal Purple Racing ATF in this thing.

I really like what youve helped me do here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast