Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: flashing for 4l80

would the maf table cause the low power mode and u0107 code?

the biggest difference on both tables is less than 7.1%

it seems like this code is common on 06's with 05 and older os's
    Last edited by akafred; October 13th, 2012 at 01:02 PM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by akafred View Post
    would the maf table cause the low power mode and u0107 code?

the biggest difference on both tables is less than 7.1%

it seems like this code is common on 06's with 05 and older os's
    A 2005 tune cannot be used on a 2006 truck - this is what I was referring to in post #4 - regarding module compatibility. In the 2006 model year Gen III trucks received a new TAC module and a new APP (gas pedal) - these components were carried over into the 2007 "Classic" model Gen III trucks.

With respect to Gen III trucks, in broad terms, 2003 to 2005 model years are mutually compatible, and 2006 to 2007 model years are mutually compatible, but these two groups are not completely cross-compatible.

Do you know what year / model the LQ4 engine is from ? If possible, can you post the component number on the injectors being used. The MAFs are the same component, the difference is in the calibration.

Once the injector flow is confirmed, or altered as necessary, then you can use the 4.8L & 4L80 tune I posted, or the 6.0L & 4L80 tune I posted as a starting point - doesn't matter which - and tune with a WBO from there. With this mix and match of parts, trying to cut and paste a tune will probably not work very well.

Regards,
    Taz

6.0L & 4L80 tune does not work, it goes into low power mode with u0107 code as soon as you touch the accelerator pedal

the exact same thing happens with 2005 computer/tune.. (did this just for test)

did you somehow copy a 2005 engine segment to the 2006 tune?

i guess i will try to manually copy the tables from a 6l engine segment to the 4.8-4l80 tune

the engine + transmission is out of a 2005 express van

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by akafred View Post
    ... did you somehow copy a 2005 engine segment to the 2006 tune? ...
    No - not possible, can only swap segments from identical OS.

... i guess i will try to manually copy the tables from a 6l engine segment to the 4.8-4l80 tune

the engine + transmission is out of a 2005 express van ...
    Why would you use 2005 calibration parameters for a 2006 truck / PCM ? Especially when both hardware and software changes occurred in the 2006 model year.

I still have no idea what year the LQ4 is, or what injectors are being used. Until you sort this out, or simple break out the WBO and complete CALC. VET or AutoVE / AutoMAF tuning - you will probably go in circles with the copy & paste approach to tuning.

Regards,
    Taz

for the third time THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION IS OUT OF A 2005 EXPRESS VAN..

i have not tried to copy and paste anything yet.. yesterday we loaded the 6.0l 4l80 tune you provided and it does not work, it goes into low power mode as soon as you touch the accel pedal. would I not want to have a the stock 6.0l lq4 tables before going further?

all i am trying to achieve is to get a stock 6.0l 4l80e tune on to the pcm so my friend can drive his truck until his headers get installed next month, at that time it will be getting a blackbear or similar tune.

also i cant even begin to try to tune this my self if it craps out and goes into low power mode as soon as you touch the pedal? i cant even data log to purchase a third party tune.

Lifetime Member

Had been trying to help you. Nice to know where the engine is from - see it in your posts on a reread - should have reread the thread - my apologies. The tunes I swapped segments for you - were from the tune that you posted. These are not tunes I PROVIDED but rather your tune (OS) where I helped out with stock segment swaps.

It is unfortunate your tune (OS) with stock 6.0L and 4L80 segments swapped in did not work for you. If the 4.8L tune with the 4L80 segment seems to work, then adjust the cylinder volume to reflect a 6.0L engine, and tune from this point.

Regards,
    Taz

i appreciate the help, sorry for getting frustrated.

On the tune that you did the 6l segment swap, is the 6.0 segment from a van? if so that would probably explain the codes coming up.

do you still have that 12587811/4L80E file? im going crazy looking for one. thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12