Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0L..

OMG! Tell me about it! Had things been different and I actually has some say in the purchase of our family sedan I would likely be all over the ATS, but it was my wife's decision and we are now 328i owners. I Like the car, but the cost of aftermarket is just stupid and honestly my wife and I argue over who drives the 2007 SKY more than the 2012 328i..

My only concerns is with the overall strength of the new motor. Some GM docs show the rods as Forged powdered metal vs. Forged Steel. I suspect the initial data is for the 2.5L motor, but the 2.0L has forged steel like is the case with the LE5(2.4>) vs LNF(2.0L).
    Also on the GMpowertrain.com shows an image of the new engine and you can see in fact it does have a blue canister filter near the exhaust manifold at the bottom of the engine. Also if I can find it somewhere I saw that the Modular balance shaft system was in oil pan rather than part of the main block like the rest of the ECOTEC blocks.
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    2007 Saturn SKY 2.4L Automatic - E67
    EFILive Tuned

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    No problem, we'll be patiently standing by until you figure it out. I just think it's an important one.
    Couple of things to note here.
    If it uses a standard E39 OS that's already been mapped, it's supported already, and we'd never know unless someone told us.

If it doesn't use a standard E39 OS, we won't know until someone tries to read the ECM and gets a message asking them to submit the file for support to be added. At that point the level of work required would become clear.

In anycase, at this point we just don't know, we haven't heard anything on either of my two points above.

Cheers
    Cindy

Thank you Cindy for the good info! I am thinking of ways to do it, but the only realistic options are talk to a friendly dealer, and try I will, or buy one (YAY - I wish!!)

These things are just hitting the showrooms so I would definitely like to see EFILive get the 'hit' on the competition.

'12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Cool Picked up an ATS 2.0T AWD this week

I picked up our new ATS 2.0T (AWD Automatic) test mule this week. I can confirm that it is using a a new flavor of the E39 ECM (E39A).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013 ATS VTuner.jpg 
Views:	810 
Size:	887.7 KB 
ID:	14152

This car definitely has all the right ingredients to be an extremely popular platform for performance tuning - the handling is exceptional and there appears to be a considerable amount of performance left on the table by the GM calibrators, presumably to avoid cannibalizing on the 3.6L sales.

The acceleration performance is respectable in stock trim -For our AWD automatic I have observed an average 0-60 mph time of 6.30 seconds and best time of 5.975 seconds, but keep in mind that the gearing and transmission tuning in this model is not optimal for 0-60 performance (the car currently shifts from 2nd to 3rd at 58 mph, adding a few tenths to the 0-60 time). I can confirm that is is using a T43 controller and we can presently tune the transmission with EFILive.

Attached is a 0-60 mph data log from the stock engine running 93 octane fuel.

I will post updates as we begin upgrading the power output.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Attached Files Attached Files

Congrats Brian!!! Can you also confirm that the ATS / Malibu T are running a newer refined version of the Verano T / Regal GS engine?

A few days ago I test drove a (sold haha) Verano T at a dealer, and in the process did a full read with a beta E39 file. Got some good info, definitely new stuff going on but very promising...

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Congrats Brian!!! Can you also confirm that the ATS / Malibu T are running a newer refined version of the Verano T / Regal GS engine?

A few days ago I test drove a (sold haha) Verano T at a dealer, and in the process did a full read with a beta E39 file. Got some good info, definitely new stuff going on but very promising...
    The LTG is a new motor (3rd gen ecotec with a different block and head). Newer does not always mean better though -but we will find out soon enough I have found some inconsistent information published by GM so far, but this is what they have said: This is the all-new 2.0-liter turbo. It shares nothing, not even the block, with the 2.0-turbo in the Buick Regal today. Overally, this engine has reduced friction by 16% over the LHU.

but it at least has a Forged Crankshaft and Forged (powdered metal) connecting rods. I am sure the pistons will be of the hypereutectic variety with oil jets, but they could still be a weak point for the engine as we found for the LUJ motor.
    Last edited by VTuner; November 30th, 2012 at 07:09 AM.

FYI, anyone who is interested, the E39A ECM read and flash is support in the next release candidate due any day now. This will get you sorted for any 2013+ SIDI application, though 2013 is a transition year, so some 2013 models will still use the older E39 and others the new E39A such as the 2013 XTS, ATS and Malibu. VTuner was brave enough to be the first test mule for the E39A beta update on he's ATS with good results too.
    We had to spend a bit of time on this one, we needed to make sure there was no possible way someone could full flash an E39 tune in to an E39A (and vice versa), I found out what happens when you do that (E39 doorstops anyone?). GM do have a new part number for the E39A ECM with a new label too clearly stating 'E39A', plus the scary part, the connector pinouts are different, so don't ever get them mixed up, again, another doorstop results (as Ross notices he's BRAND NEW E39A is drawing 5 Amps, it didn't live more than 10 seconds!) .
    Now all I need is Holden to offer the new 2.0L turbo like the ATS has in 'something' and I'll have my next car on order, unless the GenV hits the streets first.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    FYI, anyone who is interested, the E39A ECM read and flash is support in the next release candidate due any day now. This will get you sorted for any 2013+ SIDI application, though 2013 is a transition year, so some 2013 models will still use the older E39 and others the new E39A such as the 2013 XTS, ATS and Malibu. VTuner was brave enough to be the first test mule for the E39A beta update on he's ATS with good results too.
    We had to spend a bit of time on this one, we needed to make sure there was no possible way someone could full flash an E39 tune in to an E39A (and vice versa), I found out what happens when you do that (E39 doorstops anyone?). GM do have a new part number for the E39A ECM with a new label too clearly stating 'E39A', plus the scary part, the connector pinouts are different, so don't ever get them mixed up, again, another doorstop results (as Ross notices he's BRAND NEW E39A is drawing 5 Amps, it didn't live more than 10 seconds!) .
    Now all I need is Holden to offer the new 2.0L turbo like the ATS has in 'something' and I'll have my next car on order, unless the GenV hits the streets first.
    This is really great news, I am a huge fan of those cars as well as the Verano T. Thank you work all your work and sacrifice, lol, one heck of a doorstop.

Aaand, fast forward to mid-2013!

Reading this great thread made me smile. I don't know very much, but sometimes I almost predict my own future...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-TURBO-project

For the record, just as Brian reported the acceleration and quality of these cars is absolutely amazing for the price.

Default 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0L..

1/4 mile data for the Cadillac ATS4 2.0T Automatic from last night at Napierville Dragway (Canada):
    13.4 sec @ 102 mph - all stock hardware except our custom tuning and methanol/water injection.
    Tuned on 93 octane pump gas (no meth/h20) ran 13.9 @ 97.4 mph
    Stock tune ran 14.6 @ 93.9 mph

Cheers,
    Brian

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast