Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0L..

Lifetime Member

Does it use factory widebands?
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

I don't think any of GM's cars use WBO2's
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

LNF uses wideband.... and does closed loop WOT.

I was hoping they would come out with it with this generation... But I guess that will separate the tooners from the calibrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post

I was hoping they would come out with it with this generation... But I guess that will separate the tooners from the calibrators.
    Whats the difference?

peae
    Hog
    1997 rcsb stock L31 longblock, Marine Intake with 28# EV6 injectors, L35 2700 stall TC,Hooker LT's 2.007 60ft

Lifetime Member

the difference is that I can spray meth with a lot less worries from the customer knowing what he or she is doing... the difference is that the changes in weather will not affect its AFR. specially on SD cars. There are so many advantages to this that is ridiculous not to have it done.

But then again, the fact that its just easier to tune, doesn't mean that it can't be tuned. But SD cars should be "rechecked" with every season change. or at least here where humidity changes a lot. Maybe with the addition of humidity sensors things will change.... aside to that, i will not have to jack up the car to stick the wideband in front everytime one comes to tune. LOL

Closed loop wideband trimming throughout the operating range (resulting measured fueling will always match commanded).

the difference between a good tune and a bad tune will still be if the airmass model is correct (i.e. the CL WB trim will be close to zero if airmass is correct, and will otherwise deviate from zero).

Lifetime Member

You can still achieve this and airmass model NOT be correct... due to bad injector data and similar situations.

Yeah, but you are talking a Bosch ECM here right?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

the difference is that I can spray meth with a lot less worries from the customer knowing what he or she is doing... the difference is that the changes in weather will not affect its AFR. specially on SD cars. There are so many advantages to this that is ridiculous not to have it done.

But then again, the fact that its just easier to tune, doesn't mean that it can't be tuned. But SD cars should be "rechecked" with every season change. or at least here where humidity changes a lot. Maybe with the addition of humidity sensors things will change.... aside to that, i will not have to jack up the car to stick the wideband in front everytime one comes to tune. LOL
    I apologize, but I was wondering what the difference between a tuner and a calibrator was? Sorry.

peace
    Hog
    1997 rcsb stock L31 longblock, Marine Intake with 28# EV6 injectors, L35 2700 stall TC,Hooker LT's 2.007 60ft

Ran a 12.9 sec 1/4 mile at 107.6 mph with the ATS4 2.0T automatic today after installing a turbo back exhaust (3" catless dp feeding into dual 2.5" exhaust), 64 mm compressor wheel upgrade and HL turbine wheel upgrade. Ran this one on 93 octane + meth/water but will switch over to E85 +meth/water after some fine tuning on the dyno next week. No problems raising the bar to over 400hp on the 2.0T E39A with EFILive!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATS Qrt Mile VTS2 93 MethWater.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	250.9 KB 
ID:	15627

Cheers,
    Brian

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast