Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: efilive on tablet pc?

Lifetime Member

Thanks for taking the time to video a demo. You can't argue with the general ease of use for a tablet; but I don't see a true a advantage or benefit (at least yet) for using a tablet versus a laptop for tuning. In fact it looks likes you lose some editing functionality when in tablet mode versus keyboard which almost defeats the purpose of the tablet for tuning. I was going to go the same route but I decided on a Dell XPS 14 Ultrabook which works very nice. I would definitely consider a tablet if EFILive incorporated some features or increased functionality for a tablet.

Thanks. You make a good point, honestly if you had a touchscreen laptop the effect would basically be the same. You do lose effectiveness in tablet mode for tuning but with the keyboard out I use my fingers to navigate and select and manually the numbers so it is much faster than a non-touch screen. Tablet mode is more handy than I originally even thought just yesterday I was using it to reference a PDF wiring harness in tablet mode while working on something and it was very easy to just hold in one hand and read like a book.

EFILive and every other windows programmer works off a set of preconstructed elements to build from to save time. Eventually the new stuff will trickle down to every application we use, but scaling like I demonstrated in the vid would be awesome!

edit: you have no idea until you try it how fast and easy web browsing is with your fingers (touches save button)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234